JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JL subs are nice.

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you want the best...go for either JL W7 or Infinity Kappa Perfect.

these are the best in my opinon...i am getting 2 12" infinity kappa perfect subs soon

97dxhatch

5+ Year Member
yeah, i was thinking of getting perfects. let me know when you get them how they are

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
IMO JL or Infinity are the ones to get... im sponsered by Tsunami so thats what i use.. hey u get what u can

civic9d6

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jls are good if ur on a budget ive just upgraded and now rocking 3 jl 12w0 they thump pretty good thats cause im on a budget, but if you have the funds i would go with like maybe jl w7 but thats like around $700 for just one 12 or maybe something like 2 12w3 those sound real good a lot better than the w6, but in my opinion eclipses are better they hit really good two 10's with a good amp will get people turning heads, but htey are$$$$$$ but if u have $$$$$ than i would get the eclipses

The Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm running 6 eclipse 10's right now & I've got nothing but praise for them. They can be a bit pricey when you start looking into the Aluminum or Titanium ones (that's why mine are 1 step below the aluminum ones). A pair of the Aluminum 10's will run you about $600 but they do everything well. If that's too high of a budget you can go with JL. They've never made a bad sub in my opinion. I'd suggest either 1 or 2 10W3's. That would definately keep your ears happy =)

Till L8er,
Ken

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whatever you do stay away from anything but JL or Infinity, especially kenwoods. the only sub worth your money are JL or Infinity Kappa.

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not true mtx's are bad ass subs so are alpine type-r's it all depends on what you like. if you can get your hands on some cadence solo bass's i would jump on that one i have not heard a sub that can match them even the infintiy's or the jl's. get whatever sub you like to get its your money going into them. just dont get pioneer or rockford. and one other note there are only two makers of subwoofers so every one is the same just different magnents. sorry if anyone feels like i stepped on your toes i didnt try to.

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well bro...have you ever heard a 12" JL W7? if you hvae you would never go for anything else...but they are $500-$800 each sub, which is out of most peoples range, or what they wanna spend on ONE sub

civicchic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ever heard of a company called thump? what ever you do DONT get them, and MTx 8000's kick ass.

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a jl 15" w3 i bought for 150 bucs brand new from a guy who decided to sell his car b4 he could put the system in. i thought it was pretty good so i went for it. another guy i know had 2 jl 15" w3's run by some CHEAP ass 1000 watt(i think) amp in his mini van, and it sounded REAL nice. JL is DEFINITELY a good brand. when i install mine, it's gonna be pushed by a RF power series 250 watt amp. should sound pretty decent i think. i still dunno whether or not i should make a sealed or ported box for it tho. everyone says sealed sounds CLEANER in a trunk. ported hits harder, but is doesn't have as clean a sound. :?

Craig

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there is nothing better than getting (2) 1500bd rf power amps and (2) HX2's. The 1500bd is a mono amp and should only be assigned to one sub for each amp. (2) 2 ohm voice coils so its simple, just wire it with a 2 ohm load to be safe or 1 ohm if you know what you are doing. You can get by with 12''s but I recommend getting 18''s. I dont recommend getting capacitors. Dont ask me why cuz it I dont feel like explaining how a capacitor works and how it negatively effects current draw on the electrical system especially if your still gettin' by with ur stock alternator. heh heh, say good bye to it in a month or so so be prepared with 4 ga. jumper cables or bigger. later

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow, none of you seem to like rockford fosgate subs....oh well

nbj1485

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont want to be mean, seeing as how i am still new to this forum. but please, u close minded people stop dissing. ever hear of adire audio? probably the best audio company on the market with a great value. the Adire Audio Shivas on on the level of JL w6 in terms of SPL and JL w3v2 in terms of SQ. there is more to life than just JL JL JL JL... Infinity isnt even that great. they are good for SQ and thats about it.

there is no perfect sub. everybody has their own tastes. the "right" sub depends on wat type of sound u are going for and wat type of music u listen to. SQ or SPL. take ur pick...

oh and teknique, i bet i can find a sub better than the w7 for half that price...

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont want to be mean, seeing as how i am still new to this forum. but please, u close minded people stop dissing. ever hear of adire audio? probably the best audio company on the market with a great value. the Adire Audio Shivas on on the level of JL w6 in terms of SPL and JL w3v2 in terms of SQ. there is more to life than just JL JL JL JL... Infinity isnt even that great. they are good for SQ and thats about it.

there is no perfect sub. everybody has their own tastes. the "right" sub depends on wat type of sound u are going for and wat type of music u listen to. SQ or SPL. take ur pick...

oh and teknique, i bet i can find a sub better than the w7 for half that price...
hey dude, we get our hands on what we CAN get our hands on. jl happens to be one of those things that is more abundant and of very good quality. and no iii haven't heard of adire audio. :? :|

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like rockford fosgate myself

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeh RF is nice. i just traded a punch 120 amp and $400 for an almost NEW, 1100 watt poweramper D-class amp and a 15"L7 kicker solo baric sub. cant WAIT to get that into my trunk.. :mrgreen: :D

nbj1485

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "SickCiViC"

hey dude, we get our hands on what we CAN get our hands on. jl happens to be one of those things that is more abundant and of very good quality. and no iii haven't heard of adire audio. :? :|
i understand u sickcivic. there are way more possibilities out there for much much cheaper though. personally i love JL audio, but i just hated how he said stay away from anything other than jl and infinity...infinity components are great great speakears but thats about it...its all subjective but that statement is so ignorant...DLS Teknique i dont mean to insult u but id like to see ur explination for ur statement. then ill give u mine so we can stay civilized.

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i say alpine type R are very good for its price. around 100 each.

another good sub that just came out is the elemental design

Elemental Design e12kd4 sub with a JBL 600.1 amp owns :thumbs up: