What color Honda Civic should I get?

MissParis95

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum thingy, I was unsure of where to put it. I'm getting a Honda Civic '09 LX, and I don't know whether to get it in blue or dark red. I'm a teenager, and I always thought that mostly adults drove red cars. thank you for your opinion =)

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Get whatever you like more. Its a personal opinion, I cant tell you that you like blue better then red or vise-versa. My advice is google pictures of civics in those colors and see what you like more. I'm pretty bad for not being able to make up my mind, and this helps. =)

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Your welcome, I know how you feel about that, I'm the same way. Good luck with buying your car, keep us posted!

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
First of all :welcome:

Personally of those I would go with blue. I am a fan of cars that blend in, not stick out. Pay attention to other cars when you are out an about and see what you like more. One will start to grow on you more than another.

Shesfromthefire

Import Sweethearts
Red car + teenager = insurance out the roof. Also red paint is harder to blend if you get in an accident.

I'm sure your parents pay your insurance no matter the cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Red car + teenager = insurance out the roof. Also red paint is harder to blend if you get in an accident.

But based on my assumption that you're not paying for it, I'm sure your parents pay your insurance no matter the cost.
I've heard, not sure if it's true or not, that color doesn't affect insurance rates anymore.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've heard, not sure if it's true or not, that color doesn't affect insurance rates anymore.
This. It was also on the news not long ago that the car color does NOT affect insurance anymore.

Shesfromthefire

Import Sweethearts
Long story short, pick a color, don't total the car and don't complain about it later on =)

lownslow

5+ Year Member
Let me start by saying get something yoiu want because you will be driving it,,, however due to insurance id stay with a dark or nonflashy color red is a no your insurance is more with that color...at least around here.

Shesfromthefire

Import Sweethearts
I think the insurance company can't actually base it on the color, but people with red cars often get pulled over more or may be more likely to get in wrecks (not saying its a general fact) so their insurance may be higher.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Your choice overall, but I don't think only older people drive red cars. I think red cars can look really nice, especially a civic in red.