what do u think about 2 12" and a 15"

slimstajimsta5

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
right now i have 2 12" subs(i wanna replace them with JL or Rockford fosgates), but i was thinking about gettin a 15" rockford fosgate HE2 or HX2.. do you think they would soudn good together? cuz i had someone tell me that it would sound like s**t because the 12"s would hit faster than the 15" and it would sound bad... is that true? cuz i dont know any one around here that have a 15".. i'm hopin to have the most badass system in my school

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man if you go to loud your just asking for a ticket, i got 2 10" rockford fosgates and they hit loud enough to where people can hear me outside the car, and i wont get a ticket for noise polution.
But if your getting new subs Rockford is the way to go :nod:

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You're 15 right? How is it that you are already driving to school?
Why not just save your money and keep the 12's you've got instead of trying to impress all the high schoolers?

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have 2 12" fosgate he2's and a fosgate 700s amp and it pounds. if you want bump, 2 12's have a larger cone area than one 15 and will be louder. the 15 will be deeper, and hit lower notes. but i have no complaints about my systems volume or sound quality. i mostly run it quietly now, and ive tuned it for sq. and they work just as well as spl subs.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my stereo consists of two 3 1/2" (i think) front speakers and two 6"x9" rears mounted in custom boxes behind the front seats............ what do i think about two 12's and a 15? well, maybe you can aim them backwards to help you accelerate as they hit........ other than that they're just going to slow you down............ and, it's not as cool as you might think to bump loud music and act hardcore in a civic, so stay away from that..... :smileyR:

:what:

slimstajimsta5

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm not trying to act hardcore or anything, i just really like bass in music(like rap).. and if i was gonna go racing.. then i'd take the subs out of my trunk.... i'll just replace the 12inch subs that i have right now with either JLs or the best RF sub that they make in 12"(i'm not sure which one is the best, can someone tell me? if not i can just look it up) and if they're loud enough and create good bass for me then i wont get the 15"... right now i'm not driving to high school cuz i dont get my license until october 31st.. my parents got me my car already though so i'm gonna start fixin it up.
oh yea i got another ?.. my friend has 2 12" MTX 4000 subs, and they are constantly giving out bass.. but the subs dont.. they just hit hard and thats it.. why doesnt mine do that?(i like to constantly give out bass and hit hardduring rap songs rather than just hitting hard)

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
theres no shame in having a system in your car if you love music, and if you dont believe that it makes you faster. the reason your subs dont hit hard and stay loud is because your electrical system isnt up to snuff. get a deep cycle battery and at least a 1 farad capacitatior. that will give you the needed punch in your system. the rfr3112 is the best 12" sub fosgate makes, its a 1000 watt rms/2000 peak sub. your taking some major bucks there, plus a hardcore amp to drive it. save your money. if you want sound quality, something like a he2 will cost a quarter as much as those, and will sound much better with the rest of the music. those things will just be bass, you wont hear the music.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude way too much bass man, i got 2 10" rockford's and it hits loud enough

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got 2 rf 12's too. it hits nice. its only a civic, so theres not much space i have to fill with sound. its quiet on the outside, which is what i wanted, cuz i dont give a shite about making hella noise outside. since you already got the 12's, save your money and dont get the 15

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah ive 2 10' fosgates, and on the 2 12, and the 1 15 setup, lots of money and lots of un necessary noises caused by the speakers beating eachother...on teh speaker handlebarsfsr mentioned, to run it properly you youll at least 2 amps, and amps are expensive when you get to the 900+ watt ones....and having different sized subs isnt a good idea...just for the reason your friend said....and the whole back of car will be subs and thats no fun...so go out and buy 2 12" HE fosgates and youll have a Fuggin loud system....also if you get all those speakers, then a) youll prolly, actually will hae to upgrade your cars electrical system, youll have to have at least 2 amps(1 for the 12's and one for 15) the amps alone will run around 1200$$, and with that much bass, youll be wasting have of it, becuase you wont be able to stand it, my friedn had 2 12" in his cherokee, and honest to go it hurt every time it hit...i could honestly feel my skin moving...so 2 fosgate HE 12 inch, will run about 400, maybe even with a box, though doubt it...and one 650 watt bridgable amp will be plenty...also what deck you have/plan on getting, becuase that factors into this equation greatly as well

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ive got 2 12" pioneer subs. dont let the brand name fool you. those bitches hit harder than hell. they are connected to a 1200 rms amp. there was sooo much lows and soo little highs that i had to buy another amp for my highs. but i paid next to nothing for everything. i mean lets see some figures here. the box for your subs costs what? like $130 $140. i got mine for $50. the subs would cost like maybe $80 or $90 at best buy. i got mine for $30. my amp i got for $110 at fry's electronics cuz it was the floor model. and my other amp which is like 200 rms i got for like $30. i have two 6" stock speakers in the front and two 6" xplod speakers in the back. my 200 watt amp runs to the xplod speakers. my head unit cd player was like $200.

i dont know what the point in me saying all that was. but if you want to go with those 15" then i say you go with them. just make sure that you have highs at the same time. all bass gets kinda annoying after a while. but look for deals like i did.

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have two nakamichi comp 10" subs and i m ony running 300 watts to them wired paralle. they hit hard enough. the more bass you have just means the easier your car will rattle apart...just wait in a fews months to 1 yr you will notice many new noises and rattles. just stick with the 2 12's.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey civicex13 how many ohms are your speakers, a piece, because, depedning on 4 ohms or 8 ohms you might be able to get more hit out of them if you do a series wiring....hehe my system wasnt expensive either...my deck cost $375, my subs were $99(for 2, fosgates, punch z, crutchfield special) and m sub i got from my brother in law, in exchange for me buying him a hat lol....so all in all like 500

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i m running 2 omhs the way they are right now as a mater of fact it is under 2....kinda like 1.8 omhs...basically 2. they hit really good for only a Apline 300 watt running to um.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahah this thread turned into what kind of subs you have lol

crxtreme

CRX BOY
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Iam running 2 12"s pryamids at 1200 each with a set of 6 1/2" 2ways at 240watts in the front and aset of 6 1/2" 3 ways at 280watts in the back behind the seats and iam also running a set of 6x9s at 300watts in the back also i have 4 seatilite tweeters in teh roof oh and by the way iam usiing 1-1600 watt amp and 1-800 this car pounds belive me

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
[thread jack]

me doing an impersonation of crxtreme

what?.........what?..........what?...............what?..........what?

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "abej6"

[thread jack]

me doing an impersonation of crxtreme:

[schild=8 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]I dont get it[/schild]

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Rice4Brains"

abej6 said:
[thread jack]

me doing an impersonation of crxtreme:

[schild=8 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]I dont get it[/schild]
he's deaf... his stereo pounds.... believe me

never mind :slap: :roll:

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[schild=1 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]Just[/schild][schild=5 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]Another[/schild][schild=17 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]Useless[/schild][schild=16 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]Thread[/schild]