What do you guys think? Civic Hood

SLP Tuner

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

SLP's latest functional Civic Hood
Features included are crush initiators; internal water-control baffles; coated internal mounting hardware; fully-formed and coated air intake grills; unique design with either an integral fresh-air intake scoop for added horsepower and/or hot-air extractors scoops for better under-hood cooling; all trim, drill and bond operations performed on CNC robots; dedicated bonding fixtures; tightly-controlled tolerances ensure an excellent fit to the vehicle for an original looking appearance and ease of installation; molded-in gelcoat finish; dedicated packaging for easy handling, warehousing, and shipping. One available option is for SLP to prep and prime any POWERPRODUCTS hood.

SLP Tuner

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool, red x hood...woo

Myogi_Nightkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what's the weight? is it lighter than OEM? do you have any close up pics on the edges? i wanna see the fitment a lot closer and how much do they go for? thanks in advance!

SLP Tuner

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its about 7 lbs lighter than stock. I dont have close- up of the edges but the fit is excellent. 3 mm on both side edges between hood and fender. Our hoods are robotically trimmed, and bonded using special fixtures. Along with special internal hardware this insures a perfect OE looking fit. We have built over 50000 hoods for brand new cars (Camaro SS). We are just entering the aftermarket import scene with this hood and 5 others.

SLP Tuners

SLP Tuner

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MSRP prices are

SLP Tuner Hood lift off hood requires 4 hood pins (non-functional) $197.15
SLP Tuner Hinge mount requires 2 front hood pins (non-functional) $262.51
SLP Powerproduct gel coat (functional) $ 659.55 US
SLP Powerproduct primed (functional) $ 854.49 US

SLP Tuner

Myogi_Nightkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the info. do you have a link to your site? or contact numbers and email? that way i could reach you in the future. :D

Myogi_Nightkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aight, thanks man!:thumbs up:
hmm, i see that your site even has an option for our french buds. where are you guys based?

you should look into manufacturing OEM style CF hoods. not a lot of CF hood manufacturers comes close to fitment and quality. FiberImages already lost their game ever since one of their most important employee left. Benen Industries is okay but i've heard that their hoods are not as light as a CF hood should be (someone correct me if i'm wrong). not really flaming them, but IT is a competitive market.

RedSunsEK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "SLP Tuner"

unique design with an integral fresh-air intake scoop for added horsepower
Ok ummm, not to flame you but can you please explain to me how this hood would give me added horsepower... :roll:

And from the picture taken of the bottom of the hood, those "scoops" don't seem to have any function at all... i dunno, just my two cents...

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it will definitely look faster... i'd be afraid :shock:

nice hood, not the nicest, but nice :thumbs up:

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:what:

thats my hood (except for my 00 Si..) i like it a lil nicer....

question, will your hood be available in CF?

but ... some will love it some will hate it, different folks different strokes