What do you think of this turbo?

buddycivicex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is for a rev hard turbo kit. Do you think that this is crap or good stuff? Do you think that the turbo is too big for a d16y8? Any comments, please respond.

Stage: 2C
Use: Street/Track
Part #: RHSTGIIC
Boost Level: 7psi
Injector Size: Stock
Horsepower/Torque: +120 / 285 ft/lbs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rev Hard Cast Steel Tubular(no AC)
optional Cast Iron Manifold(w/ AC)
Rev Hard NUTEC T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo eff. to 450hp
Rev Hard Intercooler (28x6.5x3)
NEW Turbo Smart 7psi. (TS-SEMA's Best Product for 2002)
Vortec Blow Off Valve
2.5" Aluminum Charge Pipe
2.5" Downpipe
2.25" Aluminzed Mandrel Bent Piping
Billet Map Diffuser(check valve)
Progressive Type Fuel Regulator
High Volume Fuel Pump
Purosil Hoses & Clamps
Steel Braided -3 Oil Line
Oil Return Line
High Pressure Fuel Line
High Pressure Silicon Hose
Neccessary Vacuum Tee's
Neccessary Vacuum Lines

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rev hard makes very good quality stuff, and the 2c is probably their most popular kit.............. but, i thought this kit was designed for a b-series motor........ if you can get the kit for a d-series, i don't think you'll be seeing a 120hp increase at 7psi. besides that, this kit is awesome. it's the one i would get if i didn't have other plans.......

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
t3t4 will spool very slowly on a d16, your only gonna see that 7 psi way up in the rev range, its gonna be dead around town. if your gonna only run stock boost, run a 14b, t25 or t3 at the largest. they are gonna spool much quicker than the t3/t4. if you plan to later build the motor and run 18psi, stick with the t3/t4 or just purchase one later on.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a/r ratios?

buddycivicex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If i bought this kit, would i be able to just swap the turbo with a t3 or a t25? Or would i have to do some custom fabrications? Then, if i rebuild my engine later on, could i just switch it to the t3/t4 turbo?

mlody

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am also very interested in this kit or anything that is bolt on out stock civic engine. What are the Hp and torque gains with it ? is that turbo a street legal ? what about emissions ? does the kit come with everything that is needed to install it and than run a car ?

j025

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:twisted:
The Rev Hard kit is a good turbo kit. It's a little cheeper then a Drag kit. Personelly I would get a Drag kit if they make one for your D series. You get more stuff with it. And better "Name Brand parts. Same turbo, Garret t3 t4 hybrid, but you are running a D series, and most people agree that it will spool up slower, but there are other mods you can do to help it work. And you Rev Hard kit is illegal only if you get caught........
J025
99 Civic CX Hatch W/ 2K Si Swap...

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
um.... are you serious? the revhard kit is not generally cheaper than the drag kit. you don't get any more things with the drag kit. the drag kit doesn't use any special "name brand" parts that revhard doesn't. and the drag kit is just as illegal as the revhard kit.

the biggest disadvantage with the drag kit is its manifold..... that piece likes to crack a lot, and that's not good.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what kits besides the greddy one are carb legal? or is greddy the only one?

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
xs engineering or jg edelbrock...... one or the other is supposed to have a carb legal kit now...............