What does sleeving a motor mean

2000SIR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have read a post here and there ppl say you have to sleeve your motor if you wanna put more boost through it what does sleeving mean?? this might be a dumb question but im gonna ask

HoNdAtEc2042

Look what i can do!!!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's when they take the short block apart and bore out the cylinders and drop in metal sleves. The reason they do it is so when they have pure iron cylinder walls as opposed to a mixture of iron and aluminum (as is stock on hondas), the iron walls are stronger and can handle more stress. It costs at LEAST $800 bucks to do...

DXisb16a

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey man i'll do my best to explain, u see in honda blocks, there are clyinder walls, which is were ur pistions and rods r i assume u understand that, well anyway the cylinder wall ias acutally a pressed in sleeve, it is not part of the block, when people sleeve their block those sleeves r replaced with ones of higher strenght material example, ductile Iron, which than can wistand more pressure hence turning up ur boost. thats pretty much it, if anyone has more to add please say hope it helps

HoNdAtEc2042

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DXisb16a said:
hey man i'll do my best to explain, u see in honda blocks, there are clyinder walls, which is were ur pistions and rods r i assume u understand that, well anyway the cylinder wall ias acutally a pressed in sleeve, it is not part of the block, when people sleeve their block those sleeves r replaced with ones of higher strenght material example, ductile Iron, which than can wistand more pressure hence turning up ur boost. thats pretty much it, if anyone has more to add please say hope it helps

:haha: HA HA!!!! I beat you to it!!! LOL, JK :hitlol: :haha:

2000SIR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok I understand thats acutally alot more straight forward then I thought it would be thanks for the info guys =)

HoNdAtEc2042

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No doubt. We're all here to help.... well most of us anyway... LOL

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh s**t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't know what sleeving a block is, and you 27. Yo just give it up dawg. By the time you learn all the tricks, you will be in a nursing home.

ekshowciv

I'm in Japan Bitches!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SKILLED DRIVER said:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh s**t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't know what sleeving a block is, and you 27. Yo just give it up dawg. By the time you learn all the tricks, you will be in a nursing home.
someone ban this faggot and his ip

Mark7901

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SKILLED DRIVER said:

Damn, thats wierd. I was new to all of this back in October. Im 27 and its only been 10 months and have successfully reprogrammed and chipped my own ECU for datalogging and also swithced it from auto to manual.....not bad for 10 months.

AqueousFila

Keeping it Tru'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whoever saw this, sorry, was meant for another thread....

Last edited:

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
ekshowciv said:
someone ban this faggot and his ip
he's been banned once, i'm sure it'll happen again, atleast i'm also hoping he gets banned permenately like others are, he just a pain in the ass to every poster.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
AqueousFila said:
whoever saw this, sorry, was meant for another thread....
wtf, ya lost me, oh ok ya edited before i got to ya.

DXisb16a

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea get him banned, all he does it tell everyone there wrong, i mean give a guy a break, hes just trying to learn about honda motors and stuff. we all gota learn sometime or someway.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When the engines arms get cold, then it needs sleeves to keep it warm. Some use puffed sleeves but I think they look dumb. Just use regular wool or cotton sleeves.

HoNdAtEc2042

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mark7901 said:
Damn, thats wierd. I was new to all of this back in October. Im 27 and its only been 10 months and have successfully reprogrammed and chipped my own ECU for datalogging and also swithced it from auto to manual.....not bad for 10 months.

Yo dog, do you know how to convert ANY ecu from auto to manual? I have an obd0 pr3 ecu that is auto now, but i have no clue how to convert it.... it's just cutting a resistor right? Not sure tho, i build engines, not ecus.... and don't worry about that homo (SKILLED_DRIVER) one of the mods will take care of him soon....

Exospeed*com

exospeed.com
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here's some pictures to clear it up:

1st picture is a Stock Sleeve of a B18A block.

The 2nd picture below is a sleeved B-series block.

Notice the difference in the thickness of the sleeves.

HoNdAtEc2042

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:werd: And on top of that, the new sleeves are a stronger metal, so they can handle way more pressure

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Both of those blocks are cleeeeeeeean... wow... I know mine looks like s**t...