What happens when you're car is lowered and runs over high way bumps

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Roads were dig and they made several bumps on a 65 mph. I was running 50 mph and those
stupid rough road ate the S*** out of my tires! From 80% to 40% Totally pissed! >: (

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Been there, done that 2 headers ago..

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You gotta pay to play. Thankfully I haven't hit anything serious yet. Plus I swerve at every single object on the road, even sewer covers.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You gotta pay to play. .
This.

I cracked my oil pan on a 4 lane highway about 110 miles away from home on a Saturday, right in the middle of 80mph gridlock. Lets just say i cleared the lanes rather quickly.

krooked32

daamn. thats one reason why i never dropped my ej that low. was always afraid of busting up everything lol.

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My header is about the same. Also has about an inch crack. Still rockin it. lol

Decipher

Registered VIP
s***'s rough. You gotta be vigilant when driving dumped. I'm not even that low, but my ride height still requires me to avoid most any kind of structure in the road taller than 2" because my exhaust hangs low... and I drive for my job and average about 50 - 75 miles a day around the city.

The worst is when they're ripping up an old road to repave it, and the little water line covers or manhole covers that remain like 4 inches above the stripped up pavement... that s*** will devastate anything it comes into contact with. Be CAREFUL!

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ever since that day on, I'm never taking my car for a road trip. BUT, If I do happen to go, raise up to stock for sure this time.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn :shock: I'm not that low, but my fat exhaust (3" from the downpipe back), hangs ~ 2" from the ground on a flat surface. And I live on campus.. speedbumps errrywhere. People give me weird looks when I go over them at a 45' angle super slow...

Anyways, you must have been LOW for that to happen

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The worst is when they're ripping up an old road to repave it, and the little water line covers or manhole covers that remain like 4 inches above the stripped up pavement... that s*** will devastate anything it comes into contact with. Be CAREFUL!
If you drive over those lowered, you are not smart :lol:. I will stop traffic and wait to be able to go half way into the other lane before I ever risk driving over something that can potentially rip my oil pan off. I'm sorry but I care more about myself and my car than other people on the road.

Like I before, I avoid everything and anything. If it's big enough where I know it'll do damage and I can't avoid it, I will either go a different route or take my time.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My God one of those things almost totaled my car a few weeks back. I was cutting through the city to head southside and took a road I'm not too familiar with. The instant the pavement changes there's a manhole and it's just a busy side street. You better believe I shot into oncoming traffic and back over instantly. Pretty sure I made the oncoming driver pee themselves. If he didn't, I almost did.

I'm definitely tired of driving a lowered car. I want to convert the car back to stock so badly but anything stock before an 8th gen is ugly IMO.

To whoever said no to road trips...smart man. I refuse to take my car far distances unless it's to Chicago b/c I've done the drive 5 million times.

IACivicSi

Haha, I feel the love for the 8th gen there. I sometimes go outside and wonder if my car is lowered on hfp suspension or if it's just stock. And hearing all these stories remind me of why I don't want to be low, plus I live in an inclined apartment complex, would be a p.i.t.a to drive on.

Decipher

Registered VIP
I'm all about people lowering their cars. To me, stance is probably the most important factor in achieving a pleasant aesthetic. You can have a bone stock anything and slam it to the ground and it almost always looks dope as s***. You just have to know what to expect when driving something that 's only a couple inches off the ground.

It's simple: the lower the car = the better the driver

If that equation isn't true, then you are likely to have your vehicle f***ed up ^. I'm not saying the OP is a bad driver... we'll call this a learning experience. Now he'll be a better driver and know what not to do if he continues to ride lowered.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not saying the OP is a bad driver... we'll call this a learning experience. Now he'll be a better driver and know what not to do if he continues to ride lowered.
Eh, in his defense, there ARE obstacles you can't avoid sometimes. It's happened to me alot. I'll be in traffic, and cars in front can clear items. All of a sudden I see it pop out from the vehicle in front and I can't switch lanes b/c I'm surrounded by cars so I do the classic "OH F*CK!!" *butthole clench and grip the wheel tight* **slam into object** Then pull over when I can, check damage, and tell her she's gonna be ok and mommy's sorry. :lol:

Or I see an object in the road but still have nowhere to go due to traffic or median wall, something.