What hybrid Turbo can i put on my stock D16Y8 motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brit

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a stock 96 Cicic EX (D16Y8) and i am trying to find the best hybrid turbo to fit with minor engine mods and with good results. I NEED HELP! .....PLEASE. :?:

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you looking for just the turbo, or the whole kit?

WishOfATypeR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why do it on a D16Y8

Hey dude, I have a 99 EX with the same motor. If you are looking into turbos, your best bet is to get a LS Integra motor and put a V-TEC head on it. You get get cheap motors, and it bolts right in (Si front mount I think). You need to get a tranny with it. Anyway...it puts you into a more torque-y motor with a low compression ratio. Spend some time building the motor some to get it ready to have a turbo. When you do install a turbo, and if you do the motor right, you could run 11's. I have seen it done alot. That is the conversion I am going for. I have seen B-18b (LS Integra) blocks go for as low at 300 bucks. Its the way to go for a turbo civic. As for the D16Y8...sell it...its not a performance motor in the least!
This website has a bunch of info, and go to www.honda-tech.com (they have motors and forums there). Peace out bro!
-David

bug135

I am wondering the same thing as far as the turbo set up goes.

iv done a walbro 255lph fuel pump, custom air intake guted the rear and trunk interior and takin off the A/C

I'm wanting to do a 2 1/2 inch full exhaust system with tubular a manifold, lighter weight pulley and turbo kit.

but i wanna keep stock internals and be a daily driver

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This thread is almost 10 years old!

Status
Not open for further replies.