what motor is in 2006 civic si

jdmcivic01

5+ Year Member
i was wondering what motor is in the new 2006 civic si i know its a K-series motor but i was wondering if its K20z like the 2005 rsx :?:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
K20z3

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just realized that this is in the wrong forum... moving it to the 8th gen forum

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
04civic said:
i want that motor in my car!!!

just wait a couple of months find some one with the 06 Si crash into him total his car and then offer to buy the engine from him :what: :lol:

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
imbcruz said:
just wait a couple of months find some one with the 06 Si crash into him total his car and then offer to buy the engine from him :what: :lol:
if i was rich then i would.

element_323

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
IF the dyno on the new Si's are true, I bet the k20z3 motor will be more expensive than the first gen k20.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
element_323 said:
IF the dyno on the new Si's are true, I bet the k20z3 motor will be more expensive than the first gen k20.
more refined engines are usually more expensive. that's why B20s go for under a grand.

dj_audio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
does anyone know much about the head of the k20z3? From my understanding, the past k series motors made the vtec only works on the intake cam, and not the exhaust cam, even though it has i vtec. the only k series motors with i vtec working both sides in the older k motors were like the rsx type S, and both the JDM DC5 ITR and the JDM CTR. Does any one know if the new civics will have REAL i-vtec or if they will have that fake s**t?

Dirty Sanchez

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dj_audio said:
does anyone know much about the head of the k20z3? From my understanding, the past k series motors made the vtec only works on the intake cam, and not the exhaust cam, even though it has i vtec. the only k series motors with i vtec working both sides in the older k motors were like the rsx type S, and both the JDM DC5 ITR and the JDM CTR. Does any one know if the new civics will have REAL i-vtec or if they will have that fake s**t?
I think the civic si will have the "real" i-vtec like the RSX-S, and the dx/lx/ex will have the fake i-vtec (I call it i-Vtec-E) like the current civic si and RSX base model. Also, does anyone know the name of the dx/lx/ex motor? Is it still a d? Cause someone told me it was a sohc K.

dj_audio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dirty Sanchez said:
I think the civic si will have the "real" i-vtec like the RSX-S, and the dx/lx/ex will have the fake i-vtec (I call it i-Vtec-E) like the current civic si and RSX base model. Also, does anyone know the name of the dx/lx/ex motor? Is it still a d? Cause someone told me it was a sohc K.
a SOHC K series? what thats crazy. never heard about that. How much are they estimating to put out? i saw inside the engine bay and assumed it was a D series, didnt bother to read the block.. imma have to take a look next time i'm at honda.

Dirty Sanchez

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dj_audio said:
a SOHC K series? what thats crazy. never heard about that. How much are they estimating to put out? i saw inside the engine bay and assumed it was a D series, didnt bother to read the block.. imma have to take a look next time i'm at honda.
I don't know if thats true or not, but either way it's supposed to put out 140hp which isn't bad for a 1.8 sohc motor, especially one with the economy i-Vtec.

black7thgen

Bubble Party
5+ Year Member
Dirty Sanchez said:
I don't know if thats true or not, but either way it's supposed to put out 140hp which isn't bad for a 1.8 sohc motor, especially one with the economy i-Vtec.
it is a new series motor called R18...................at least i think

element_323

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes. The single cam is called the R18 it's not a 'K' series motor.