What nitrous to put???

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm planning on building up my stock D16y8 and eventually bootsing it. That costs quite some money. So for around $500 I can put a NOS in it. What do you guys think is a good kit for my application. Remember my car's stock so I know I cant put a big shot if I still want my car. Wet or dry? What brand? Let me know your opinions. Thanks

McAsshole

5+ Year Member
r u plannin to use NOS on street? Supercharger or turbo seems like a better way to gain more power.

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used a zex wet kit on my 4door for awhile on a 50 shot. no problems be sides my intake was to thin for the nozzle threads

A-2-B

Red+ Blue+ Flashing = Bad
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
only toddlers use the bottle! Be a man and boost with a SC or Turbo! yeah it takes more money, but it will deffinitly save you more money in the end. think.. you never have to refill your turbo or super charger!!!.

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok. I guess I'll have to wait till the end of the year........ Should I go custom turbo, or the Edelbrock (part #1500)? They are both gonna cost around the same, but I trust the name Edelbrock, having it custom built, I'm gonna have to trust the person/shop who builds it. And will they stand behind their work??? Idk! I think it's like some1 told me on here, "go to a shop and tell them 'Make it a turbo'" ahhahahahha

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok. I guess I'll have to wait till the end of the year........ Should I go custom turbo, or the Edelbrock (part #1500)? They are both gonna cost around the same, but I trust the name Edelbrock, having it custom built, I'm gonna have to trust the person/shop who builds it. And will they stand behind their work??? Idk! I think it's like some1 told me on here, "go to a shop and tell them 'Make it a turbo'" ahhahahahha
piece a system together. you might pay less, and you'll get better stuff.

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know but it's just a b***h having to piece all things together. What fits with what, what works best with this and that, blablabla. I rather pay someone to do the thinking and research or buy a kit. I know I'm paying more this way and that's why it will take me longer to save up but I just wanna take my car 'there' and pick it up the next day and have it faster. Not race fast, just faster. On the website it says it comes with 127hp, the car is 8yrs old so i'd say it has 100hp. That's too slow. I'll be happy boosting it up enough to get me 170-200hp and still maintaining its reliability. Another reason why I dont want to do it myself it's that, I'm not sure i can piece all stuff together while still keeping in mind my cars reliability. I've had it for over 3yrs and NEVER has it given me problems. No service engine soon light, no overheating, nothing! Besides the occasional/monthly flat tire......

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know but it's just a b***h having to piece all things together. What fits with what, what works best with this and that, blablabla. I rather pay someone to do the thinking and research or buy a kit. I know I'm paying more this way and that's why it will take me longer to save up but I just wanna take my car 'there' and pick it up the next day and have it faster. Not race fast, just faster. On the website it says it comes with 127hp, the car is 8yrs old so i'd say it has 100hp. That's too slow. I'll be happy boosting it up enough to get me 170-200hp and still maintaining its reliability. Another reason why I dont want to do it myself it's that, I'm not sure i can piece all stuff together while still keeping in mind my cars reliability. I've had it for over 3yrs and NEVER has it given me problems. No service engine soon light, no overheating, nothing! Besides the occasional/monthly flat tire......
well, it looks like your mind is made up. good luck with the kit.

zb12691

Ebuilt Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im going the same way. im almost done building my y8 than boosting it. i may add a bottle but i know a ton of ppl that blow s**t with it because there not careful. let me know how your y8 project goes, im trying to piece together a turbo kit. good luck

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOS isn't the only nitrous oxide kit in the universe.

Nitrous Express, NitrousWorks, Zex, Venom, etc... all produce nice kits.

I bought my NOS dry system second hand and had problems with the solenoid. But I know others that have had great success with NOS kits as well as NX and Nitrous Works. I'm still biased for the Venom kits though. If I ever decide to spray my Mazda, I'd probably go with the Venom VCN1000

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, f**k spraying, I'm boosting! But i'm still undecided if I should save up for the Edelbrock (1500) or buid a custom turbo. If any1 can send me a complete list of all the s**t i need, it would help me alot. Yeah, how bout that... you guys are far more experienced in civics than i am. I want something like the Edelbrock kit, unser friendly, 60%-70% more power over stock w/o internal modification.... daily driven, maitain my engine's reliability, etc. I DONT want to make it a race car. My car is 8yrs old, by now it should have about 100hp, I'll be happy with 170-200hp. Very happy with 200hp. Help me out!!!

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Intake pipe

Turbo to piping hose

Throttle body to pipe

Hose clamps/Connectors

Hose clamps/Air filter

Ducting/Air filter

Connector/Air filter

Air filter

Boost gauge

Turbo & Drain gaskets

Wastegate

Steel downpipe

Header

Header/Turbo bolts

Downpipe/Turbo bolts

Wastegate/Flange bolts

Discharge tube

Turbo oil drain flange

BlowOff Valve

Fuel Pressure regulator

Brass T oil sending unit

Oil Sending Nipple

Steel oil line

Turbo oil inlet

Steel oil return line

Oil return to pan

Instruction sheet

Thermal wrap

Plastic vacuum fitting

Vacuum hose

Vacuum T fitting

is what you need.. a zex dry 50 is what I used to use... i liked it no problems, in and functional in about an hour