what rear lip for my 6th gen

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys, I've been looking at a bunch of rear lips for my civic cus i don't want my muffler to be like a half an inch off the ground. Prob. is I can't really find one that hangs down quite low enough and still looks good. I know it sounds like i'm contradicting myself, but I need some help. thanks

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just paint your stock one

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do you mean paint my stock one. All I have is a rear bumper.

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Type R rear lip

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
imho, the OEM rear lip is just damn perfect. too bad they're discontinued. that being said, i would love to get the mugen rear "lip".. it's not really a lip... here's a pic

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
carsandguitars said:
What do you mean paint my stock one. All I have is a rear bumper.
at the bottom of your bumper is black, that's considered your stock lip or if it's already painted from the factory I would suggest just leaving it

the ONLY rear lip I like or that I've seen and liked is the one anfrey attached. I am trying to find those soooo hard, eBay doesnt have em.

Are you sure they're just OEM anfrey?

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
the one i posted is mugen.

here are the OEM rear underbody spoilers...

the first two shots are 99-00
the last one is of the 96-98

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anfrey said:
the one i posted is mugen.

here are the OEM rear underbody spoilers...

the first two shots are 99-00
the last one is of the 96-98
yea that's what I thought the OEMs look like

Do you know what those Mugen "lips" are called? cause the Mugen rear lip is too big for my muffler and I want those soooo bad.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
what mugen rear lip do u have? pics! lol...

those mugen rear things are part of the type SS aero kit.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
*bah! anfrey! discipline these kids! moved to 6th gen section*

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
anfrey said:
imho, the OEM rear lip is just damn perfect. too bad they're discontinued. that being said, i would love to get the mugen rear "lip".. it's not really a lip... here's a pic
type r coupe.... interesting....

Last edited:

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sedan?? wtf are you talking about? anywho... his question is f**ked. he wants a lip cuz he doesnt want his exhaust hanging a 1/2 inch from the ground... a lip wont help his mufffler get better ground clearence. the reason why your muffler is so low is cuz thats all you have, a muffler with probably no hangers on it.

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they really dont make rear lips do they??? cause my bro is looking for one also and CTR is all that comes up.... mugen one it dumb just some stupid lil attachment on the side......LOL

mynameisbob28

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i really like the way the type r rear lip for the 96-98 looks, im probably going to get a type r front and rear lip set and paint my sideskirts to go with it once it gets nicer out...

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i thought typer front lip for the 6th gen was the same as the 6th gen si lip?

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanMc300 said:
sedan?? wtf are you talking about? anywho... his question is f**ked. he wants a lip cuz he doesnt want his exhaust hanging a 1/2 inch from the ground... a lip wont help his mufffler get better ground clearence. the reason why your muffler is so low is cuz thats all you have, a muffler with probably no hangers on it.
My muffler is about 3"-4" now. Why would my muffler not have hangers? Idiot I'm not a ricer. My muffler is 4", if I get a rear bumper it will hang about 1" off the ground and my car is a daily driver so I don't want to be scraping my muffler everywhere I go. The point of a rear lip is so that the place for the muffler isn't so low to the ground. I don't want to have to lower my muffler more than 1 1/2"- 2" lower than what it is. And why would just having a muffler without pipeing yet have anything to do with it. Oh yeah thanks to everybody who is helping me and actually knows what there talking about. ; )

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anfrey, those pics you posted of the OEM rear lip, I've heard from everybody that they don't make 'em anymore. Do you know where i can get one. My EX didn't have one. dang

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
carsandguitars said:
Anfrey, those pics you posted of the OEM rear lip, I've heard from everybody that they don't make 'em anymore. Do you know where i can get one. My EX didn't have one. dang
if your local junkyard doesnt have one, they can locate one for you.. prolly in the factory color you want also.

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sweet. Like that was the obvious thing but it didn't cross my mind. thanks

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i agree with SeanMc300, your first post is really confusing. read it again, your not really fully expaining the problem or question. i didnt even see a question mark. but your 16 and still in HS, so thats the reason why your grammer is bad.

like everyone said, they dont make OEM rear lip anymore, so you wont find one new or even find one use because its a factory option and rarely anyone has them. if someone is selling one off their car, which people rarely do, it would not be cheap. the closest thing to oem is the type r replica lips.