what timing belt do i get for a d16a?

+Moses+

I bought a 99 civic ex, i believe there should be a d16y8 in it yet the badge says d16a and i want to replace the timing belt. But i need to know what car this possibly comes from. The car has a rebuilt title so it wouldnt surprise me if it has a swap. I really appreciate the help.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
is it a mini-me swap? VTEC head with non-vtec block?

Someone had to of blown the y8 and found a 4th gen si or 1st gen integra bottom to swap in

+Moses+

i really dont know, yea it has vtec but everythin is pretty fresh no leaks nothin. It cant be that old. What is a mini me swap? I just gotta get a timing belt on asap

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
from a quick google search it seems you use the one for the head you have, look for casting numbers above your exhaust manifold/header whatever you have and post it up or google it to see which head you have, most likely a y8 head

+Moses+

ok yea ive been looking around too. A friend told me that i migh have a jdm engine. Ill look around the engine tomorrow and ill keep this updated.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
if you need help I think someone on here is from Ephrata, has a subaru legacy in his avatar, doesnt hurt to ask him for a hand if ever need be