what to let go of first?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Aight, so now that the turbo kit is off the car and its going to be my project car (once I get it back to oem and save for a hatchie that'll be the DD) - I really want to clean up the engine bay since it'll be down for a while and I have the chance. I am NOT turning this car into a full race car, but just going for the infamous clean look. So, my question is, other than wire tucking, what should be the first steps to a cleaner / more efficient bay area. I'm thinking cruise control cause its fugly and I never use it, but at the same time AC would be nice for that 3" downpipe. But then my girl would get pissed with it being so hot... so heres comes the indecisiveness. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i would go with the cruise. AC is more usefull that cruise. plus ur more alert when u dont use it.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take cruise control and power steering if you havent already. AC is a necessity [here atleast] so I recommend keeping that. also a nice bath is simple green couldnt hurt. also any unused brackets

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Keep the a/C.. Cruise control is for the lazy...

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Seriously, in my ej8, I have NEVER used cruise control. I only did it in my neighboorhood to try it out..and I hate it

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and after cruise control? I dont really want to take out power steering.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah, keep the power steering if you don't mind abit more roughness, I would keep the a/c if it's bad, and didn't have anyone else to complain about the heat, and if you've never used cruise, you'll never use cruise.

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
power steering is useless, i drove a car with power steering for 2 years then got my hatch and was used to it after like 2 days, its really not a big deal once your going like 5 mph, the only time i even really notice it is for parallel parking

I dont have power steering and I freaken hate it, I jsut ordered a b-series bracket and cannot wait till its back on.

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to be honest, i see no point for the cruise control....even when i had it on my old car i've never used it, i don't think i know anybody that actually uses it....so get rid of it, and keep the A/C for them hot summer days. =)

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
<-- No power steering,No A/C,No cruise control.It's not that bad :what:

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
only time i've EVER used cruise control, is when I know there's a copper right behind me lol

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when i had my accord, i actually used cruise control alot but it was an auto matic also and i was EXTREMELY lazy...now i've recovered some. take out cruise control, keep AC. I have AC and use it like every blue moon. I just wish i had a sunroof...den i would definately take out the ac cuz in my accord i NEVER used ac but when i did it was definately overkill...

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ditch the power steering, and get a DX steering rack. then sell your power steering rack and pump and resivoir. keep the A/C... maby try and get a manifold made to keep the A/C and have 3" dp :what: if thats possible.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
junk the windshield washer container and the lines. your windshield wont get that dirty and if its really bad stop at a gas station and clean it off.

ac- tons of s**t. roll the window down.

powersteering - remove most of it. connect the two lines from the rack to a T fitting and hook up a resevior so the system isn;t completely closed off. this will allow u to keep fluid, and for the fluid to easily move in teh system.

tuck the wires into the fender. run them under the headlights and behind the bumper. ditch the horn.
note : part of the wire tuck will envolve u removing the oem tape and moving wires around. pull so of the extra slack from the wires out of sight.

part of removing all of the ac stuff will free up some space behind the glovebox. stick the fuse block that is under the hood here.

move battery to the rear.

put coolant resevior under the hood latch and paint all of it black, cept a line on the back so u can see if its full

remove worthless pieces.

spose if u could do something with the vacuum box thing and replace the lines on the firewall

madhopz88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have no cruise control or p/s and its fine. but no a/c :nono: since a gurl is always in my car, its a necessity in this va heat.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my car -
wire tuck
remove ac s**t
painted nasty pieces and bolts
removed random metal hangers
cleaned rubber hoses