What transmission years fit a 2001 civic ex?

Rcivic95

5+ Year Member
i have a 2001 civic with a blown transmission and i want to find out if i can put a transmission from the same generation?

CenZ

5+ Year Member
01-05 DX/VP/LX/EX thats it. unless you k swap then you can put any k series on there.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how many miles were on your car whn your trans went...mine went at 75,000 miles on the odo

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how many miles were on your car whn your trans went...mine went at 75,000 miles on the odo
what year is yours and it's a manual isn't it? I hear so many people saying they blew the tranny at around your milage.

i'm at 112,000 miles and still going on the first tranny. Knock on wood hopefully it keeps going longer. oh and putting a trans from the same generation shouldn't be a problem.

FerstlerSlim

5+ Year Member
Were the years listed above for automatic transmissions, manual transmissions or both?

I have an 04-EX with a manual transmission that is making a clicking noise....sounds like a baseball card in the spokes of a bicycle.

Dave

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
years would be the same for both

FerstlerSlim

5+ Year Member
My input bearing of the transmission went at 135k for those who were asking.

Are the gear ratios of the transmission of the lx/vp/ex all the same?

Dave

crash910

5+ Year Member
seems like everyone has their input bearing going on them.. is this an issue with our generation?

N/A

N/A WorkRacer
I know the transmission for the manual EX has shorter 1st and 5th gears than the LX.

BrandonMills

My input bearing of the transmission went at 135k for those who were asking.

Are the gear ratios of the transmission of the lx/vp/ex all the same?

Dave
Mine started to go recently at 179,000 miles.....car has been a beast.....and still driving it....but issues are arising.....