What type of tire do you have on your 6th generation?

What type of tire is on your 6th generation?

• Directional

Votes: 26 89.7%
  • Non-Directional

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Akuma

VSM Beeyotch!!!11
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i run falken ziex, very good tire wear for tires that dont really cost a lot

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EM1_MeCh said:
i concure :werd:
that's concur...

and georgelb, the treadwear is the only thing that kept me from getting Azenis Sports... kinda ghey.

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have rims from a 2004 civic ex with bridgestone potenza's. Very good tire. My racing rims have on them Falken ziex but the series before the 512. I think htey are 502's.... not sure. I would like to go with the azinas or the Yoko's...not sure yet. As for your wear problem....its the camber. Wear on the inside of the tire is a camber problem. If the tires came on the car when you bought it and the wear was already there then maybe the car was previously lowered and never camber corrected. Have the camber checked and then get some new tires.

98 green civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks everyone for the help. I'm going to be taking my car to Honda this week since big o tires have no idea what there talking about.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
directional

khumo ecsta 711's...crap grip, but long comfy life!

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mr. Lin said:
so very incorrect.

with a treadwear of just 300, they are far from the best.

The Falken Azenis ST115s are rated at 360 with an A in temperature and traction with a ZR speed rating.
The Falken Ziex ZE512s are rated at 360 with an A in temperature and traction with a VR speed rating.

Paradas are overrated...

very true, but paradas are better in the rain

evan2

Search owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sticky tires are going to wear.. i have pradaspec2s on my rotas from the gsr-t stil lhave them
and avs es 100s on my bbs

not my fav tires but they are on there when i need traction i have a few things for that

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for my civic i had 17s so i had 205-40-zr17s on them called Wanli! they looked sick and they were directional! now for my teg i have 205-50-r15s nitto 450 series tires and they are directional! both set of tires were equally loved! haha

98 green civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok here's the deal. Took my car to the Honda dealer today and they aligned all four wheels they said that the rear is so far off that I have to take it to a autobody shop and that they don't have the right equipment to bring it back to specs. Also the right front caster needs replacing or something like that. What I don't get is my front tires are wearing quickly could they be wearing because the backs are so far off? Thanks

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Kumho Exsta Supra 712's 205/45/ZR17

98 green civic said:
I've got directional and they've only lasted me a little over a year with proper inflation and rotation. To top it off I barely drive the car.

Check the treadware rating....The lower the number the shorter they will last/ Softer compond. A higher rating will last longer due to a harder compund.

The Kumhos I have have a decent rating and have lasted me quite a while and are easy on the pocket. If you cant find a good price I suggest www.tirerack.com

Last edited:

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
98 green civic said:
What I don't get is my front tires are wearing quickly could they be wearing because the backs are so far off? Thanks
That is a possibliity..If its that bad it could be causing undue stress on the front suspension and cause excessive wear. Di you hit a huge pot hole or a curb?

98 green civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My town is just riddled with potholes. I've hit quite a few. Also the Yokohamas are a really soft compound. After these wear and I get the rear fixed I'm going to pick a better rated tire like h or something.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
98 green civic said:
My town is just riddled with potholes. I've hit quite a few. Also the Yokohamas are a really soft compound. After these wear and I get the rear fixed I'm going to pick a better rated tire like h or something.
H is a speed rating..It has noting to do with compund/treadwear. YOu can still get a high speed rating with a hard compound tire.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
yokohama avid h4... yes, they're directional.

PROS14

Not stock anymore!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the new Firestone Fuzions on my Rotas. They have pretty good grip, great look, but we'll have to see if they can withstand the elements in Chi-town.

aryohrling

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have Yokohama AVS ES100 directionals 205/40/17...they run great....traction in the rain and dry is amazing and cornering also...if only I didn't have a bent valve

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have Michelin Pilots right now. Hopefully some Yokohama's in spring.