whats a nice quiet exhaust that sounds really nice?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Omg, go to your local Honda dealer and find out that OEM mufflers don't come polished or with that big ass exhaust tip. The largest Honda exhaust tips are bolted over skinnier piping.

Larger piping with a quiet muffler, makes a deep droning sound since the exhaust are is trapped in the bottle necked piping. So if you want almost no sound, go completely stock (and that does not include fake parts that seem stock) or apexi ws2 since it puts out OEM decibels.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Agree with Child 100%. OEM mufflers DO NOT come polished nor do they have huge tips like that.

I don't understand why this thread is 6 pages long. You want a quiet muffler there isn't really anything quieter than stock. Stop trying to find some hacked together stuff and just get the oem muffler that was for your vehicle.

aneidiaztorres

Agree with Child 100%. OEM mufflers DO NOT come polished nor do they have huge tips like that.

I don't understand why this thread is 6 pages long. You want a quiet muffler there isn't really anything quieter than stock. Stop trying to find some hacked together stuff and just get the oem muffler that was for your vehicle.
Yes I understand but I wasn't to keep my headers and piping all the way back. I only want to change muffler. Will an OEM muffler work even if it's "bottled" up I guess? I knew the OEM muffler diameter is smaller but will it be really that annoying? Or will it be quiet with a deep tone of some sort?:confused:

Omg, go to your local Honda dealer and find out that OEM mufflers don't come polished or with that big ass exhaust tip. The largest Honda exhaust tips are bolted over skinnier piping.

Larger piping with a quiet muffler, makes a deep droning sound since the exhaust are is trapped in the bottle necked piping. So if you want almost no sound, go completely stock (and that does not include fake parts that seem stock) or apexi ws2 since it puts out OEM decibels.
Ima check that Apexi WS2 out. I hope you know what your talking about....

Is this the jibberish you blab about? OEM decimals Huuuhhhhhhhhh are you sure it's quiet like an OEM muffler?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbnC3NEkDQ8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Check this out CC!

Last edited by a moderator:

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you dont need to take our advice, but the ws2 is the quietest muffler out there without going stock

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If that still isnt quiet enough for you, then you are pretty much screwed. the header and exhaust need to go back to all oem stuff. thats as quiet as you are going to get

aneidiaztorres

If that still isnt quiet enough for you, then you are pretty much screwed. the header and exhaust need to go back to all oem stuff. thats as quiet as you are going to get
Damn.....:(:(:(:(:(:(:( ...... Would an OEM muffler connected to the tip really sound that loud or be that much of a loud ruckus?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ima check that Apexi WS2 out. I hope you know what your talking about....
Of course i know what I'm talking about. Ive owned both OEM and ws2. A video with a camera right behind the exhaust and going up in revs didn't confirm that for you? Do you think that would be heard while driving? you're hopeless and hard headed. Go buy whatever you think will work and then go buy the proper parts to accomplish your goal after you realize it doesn't work.

Btw, the ws2 was tested with a decibel meter and was not beat out by anything except OEM in terms of quietness. But what would i know...:roll:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn.....:(:(:(:(:(:(:( ...... Would an OEM muffler connected to the tip really sound that loud or be that much of a loud ruckus?
Ask yourself what happens to the extra sound inside the header and exhaust piping once it gets to the muffler??? A muffler doesn't delete sounds.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay man, the ws2 muffler runs 340ish$. The yonaka exhaust system runs 250$ the ws2 system can be bought off the CC online store for 650$ if you really and truly want a nice system your gonna have to buckle down and learn PATIENCE. Save for the ws2 exhaust system, its the no.1 best all around exhaust there is and quieter than any other system a a available. The yonaka is similar in decibels but not as near the quality of a ws2. Welcome to the tuner world, unless your loaded start budgeting and practice setting goals for quality mods.

aneidiaztorres

Okay man, the ws2 muffler runs 340ish$. The yonaka exhaust system runs 250$ the ws2 system can be bought off the CC online store for 650$ if you really and truly want a nice system your gonna have to buckle down and learn PATIENCE. Save for the ws2 exhaust system, its the no.1 best all around exhaust there is and quieter than any other system a a available. The yonaka is similar in decibels but not as near the quality of a ws2. Welcome to the tuner world, unless your loaded start budgeting and practice setting goals for quality mods.
I liked this response. You actually made me wanna save up now:D:D:thumbup:

I seen the Apexi WS2 muffler on eBay for $300. I will most likely slap that piece at the end of my current exhaust system I bought off Ebay for now.... See how it works out. I like current system. It's installed beautifully so I have no rush to remove it. Just the muffler to quiet things down. I will try to get the Apexi WS2 muffler then.. Btw quick glance @ my current setup:

Last edited by a moderator:

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's what it's alllll about my friend. Not the quanity of mods. But the quality.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What's the second best exhaust under that one and makes some sound?
Problably the tanabe concept g exhaust, it doesn't go over 95 decebels but is more aggressive in tone. But that's just my opinion since I've never owned ones, I'm going off what I researched online.

emerican

Registered VIP
yonaka is second best to me its quiet untill wot and if you want to make it a little louder then you can replace your cat with a high flow one or test pipe its my current setup with a megan header and its louder, but sounds good theres a few members on here who have heard it and can vouch for it.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^what up emerican? I always see you on this time of night, you work 2nd shift too?

emerican

Registered VIP
yeah i work in a resteraunt so its always how busy it is as when i get off work.
the earliest i will ever get off is 10 or 1030, but thats rare as hell usally off work 11 or after by the time i get home and see my girl and take care of my daughter its always around this time that ii get on.