whats a nice quiet exhaust that sounds really nice?

emerican

Registered VIP
^ exactly sir lol
some of the social part comes from the fact that alot of us have been on here for so long with the same people we know everything about them.
and some people know them outside and before the forum i have a few people on here that have been my friends for years and live in my town.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2nd shifter here lol

thread related....other street exhausts like Greddy SP2 and RSR ExMag are very sublte sounding exhausts built with the purpose of being beneficial to performance and very low in decibels

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
Sorry to thread jack this,

So I hear people with Gsr motors and whatnot screaming past me off lights and wondering what exhaust screams. Not ricey as hell but loud as f**k. Thanks in advance...

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Sorry to thread jack this,

So I hear people with Gsr motors and whatnot screaming past me off lights and wondering what exhaust screams. Not ricey as hell but loud as f**k. Thanks in advance...
Both of my magnaflows were pretty gnarly. Got a little throaty around 4k but overall nice and deep

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yonaka is second best to me its quiet untill wot and if you want to make it a little louder then you can replace your cat with a high flow one or test pipe its my current setup with a megan header and its louder, but sounds good theres a few members on here who have heard it and can vouch for it.
That's the same setup I've got, vouch for that sound! Quiet when you need it to be and loud when you want it to be haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aneidiaztorres

Despite the criticizing, would an OEM muffler with an exhaust system be harmful to my engine? Just curious.... After all these "bottled up" theories.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not harmful to the engine, it's just not beneficial for flow. It's like "two steps forward with the header and larger exhaust piping" and then "one step backwards with a small piped and reduced flow muffler"

It defeats the purpose of the larger exhaust system reducing nearly all of the benefit from having a larger exhaust system.

Think of it like a large straw with a pinched opening. Even though the straw is big, only a small amount can come through it. With a car, the faster you can get the exhaust to escape the car the better.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With a car, the faster you can get the exhaust to escape the car the better.
I thought this only applied with turbo applications. I've heard that most NA cars shouldn't go bigger than 2.5", and turbo cars do better with 3"

Not trying to argue or anything, just trying to educate myself.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The piping size depends on the flow of air. A lot of Honda applications aren't flowing enough air to justify something like a 3 inch exhaust without FI. You still want the exhaust to leave at a rapid pace power. Everything works in a balance. Having air exit the car faster than you can force air through the engine isn't good just like having a ton of air enter the engine and not being able to release it quick enough.

That's the basic idea of it.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The piping size depends on the flow of air. A lot of Honda applications aren't flowing enough air to justify something like a 3 inch exhaust without FI. You still want the exhaust to leave at a rapid pace power. Everything works in a balance. Having air exit the car faster than you can force air through the engine isn't good just like having a ton of air enter the engine and not being able to release it quick enough.

That's the basic idea of it.
Got ya. Appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emerican

Registered VIP
i like the threads where child drops knowledge on people.
and not that he needs me to, but trust me he knows what hes talking about so listen to him.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just for your comparative purposes, here's a vid of my '97 Civic HX with an '02 RSX Type-S muffler and a Magnaflow header. All else is stock. It sounds quieter from a few feet back and inside of course. Ill be posting a better video soon enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygKlnAnTLLY

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you can find an rsr exmag, i suggest that, i love mine .. but yonaka will have a similar sound to rsr, ws2 as well