Whats needed after being lowered?

CivicEk-ITC-804

Hey guys, i just got my civic lowered on skunk2 springs and only the springs. Should i get anything else like LCAs or anything for my suspension? and my tires scrape my fender sometimes when i cut the wheel should i get low profiles?

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
The problem is you did a bad job lowering your car by using mediocre products and by only completing part of the formula for lowering your car.

You need shocks, your OEM dampers are too soft for the height you're at. The rates aren't stiff enough.

And if you haven't gotten an alignment, that could eliminate some of the rubbing. It did for me when I got my car aligned after lowering it.

What size tire/wheel have you?

CivicEk-ITC-804

i have 15's im thinking about getting low profile tires because it would help and it looks alot better in my opinion. But new shocks would be a good idea. LCAs are those needed or not really?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey guys, i just got my civic lowered on skunk2 springs and only the springs. Should i get anything else like LCAs or anything for my suspension? and my tires scrape my fender sometimes when i cut the wheel should i get low profiles?
New rear LCA's generally make suspension a lot easier to install in the rear from my experience and from reading other peoples experiences online. Those bolts are known to seize and break, especially if you have rust. You should get new shocks too. And it depends on how badly your tires rub. Is it only when your steering wheel is at full lock? Do you rub when you take corners hard? My tire touches my fender lining very slightly at full lock but they don't rub when I take corners hard unless it's really bumpy.

You want to keep in mind... The lower you go, the stiffer the spring rates should be.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have 15's im thinking about getting low profile tires because it would help and it looks alot better in my opinion. But new shocks would be a good idea. LCAs are those needed or not really?
What is your wheel width and offset? What size tires do you have now? Those are important to solving any rubbing issue.

You definitely need aftermarket shocks with those Skunk2 springs. They lower the car quite a bit and are very stiff.

LCA's are not needed on your car. The main purpose of the LCA's is for better bushings and a better swaybar mount location. If you're bushings are fine and you aren't using a rear swaybar, then there really is no need for it. Most people buy it for looks..

New rear LCA's generally make suspension a lot easier to install in the rear from my experience and from reading other peoples experiences online. Those bolts are known to seize and break, especially if you have rust. You should get new shocks too. And it depends on how badly your tires rub. Is it only when your steering wheel is at full lock? Do you rub when you take corners hard? My tire touches my fender lining very slightly at full lock but they don't rub when I take corners hard unless it's really bumpy.

You want to keep in mind... The lower you go, the stiffer the spring rates should be.
Since he mentioned he replaced his springs, he must have already gotten around taking the rear suspension off which eliminates the need of getting LCA's for easier suspension installation.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Since he mentioned he replaced his springs, he must have already gotten around taking the rear suspension off which eliminates the need of getting LCA's for easier suspension installation.
Oh right haha. I thought I read that he bought the parts to get ready to lower it.

CivicEk-ITC-804

im probably going to get skunk2 shocks then, do i need to get them asap? or could i wait a little while? and when you get new shocks can you notice the difference?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get new struts, get an alignment.

your on springs, no need to roll anything, you arent that low. thats all you need

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im probably going to get skunk2 shocks then, do i need to get them asap? or could i wait a little while? and when you get new shocks can you notice the difference?
Yes, you will notice a difference.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It'd be best to get them asap. Never know when a stock shock will blow with those kind of springs.

The Skunk2 shocks are designed to work with those springs. Which means the ride will be pretty rough. The car will handle a little better and you'll definitely feel more bumps/cracks in the road. But, those shocks would probably be one of the best to match with those springs so go for it.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It'd be best to get them asap. Never know when a stock shock will blow with those kind of springs.

The Skunk2 shocks are designed to work with those springs. Which means the ride will be pretty rough. The car will handle a little better and you'll definitely feel more bumps/cracks in the road. But, those shocks would probably be one of the best to match with those springs so go for it.
agreed. im running skunk2 pro s coilovers and they do ride very stiff. i can put me and a passenger int he car and it doesnt even drop. you get use to the rough ride though after a little bit. i would get the struts as soon as possible