Wheel balancing weights

Shaguar47

EM1 ADCT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Which are better in terms of stability and long lasting? The weights that can be bonded inside the rim or crimped on the outer walls of the rim when getting balanced?

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What kind of wheels are you taking about. I would not want crimp on weights on my nice wheels. Also my ones on the inside have been there for almost 2 years. I know I should have had them rebalanced.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it depends on what you need, you can start with either or, but some times you'll need both.

Shaguar47

EM1 ADCT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got 17" icw racing arachnids. I chose to put the weights in the inside of the wheel for looks but my wheels are still awfully unbalanced. It's funny cause each wheel will start to vibrate in different sequences and then there are times where the ride is smooth as can be. The guy that put my weights on also said something about the gorillaz lug nuts on there and how they need to be tightened like every 100 miles. I thought he was joking but after 25000 miles since, maybe i should check them as out too.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shaguar47 said:
I got 17" icw racing arachnids. I chose to put the weights in the inside of the wheel for looks but my wheels are still awfully unbalanced. It's funny cause each wheel will start to vibrate in different sequences and then there are times where the ride is smooth as can be. The guy that put my weights on also said something about the gorillaz lug nuts on there and how they need to be tightened like every 100 miles. I thought he was joking but after 25000 miles since, maybe i should check them as out too.
yea, you prob should after 25000 miles. You get 25000 miles outta your tires? Damn wish I did, I'm lucky to get 5k to 8k

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How the hell do you only get 5-8k miles on tires. Wait that is right, you drive like an ass, but still only 8k????

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Make sure when you do get them rebalanced you do the Roll-Force Test. Its something new they started doing done here in Florida.

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea just got new wheel's and tire's for my ride.Need to get them balanced also just being lazy tho.

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Trey99EK said:
Care to explain what a roll force test is?
The Roll Force Test is fundamentally balancing your rims and tires but the difference is that it puts weight on the tire in the form of a giant roller which causes the tires and rims to react just like it would if it were on your car rolling down the street. The flaw, or downside to this new procedure is that it really bring out the inperfections in rims and tires, you will see alot more weights due to this test, however your car will drive completely different.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I gotta get my wheels balanced, I'll have to look into the roll force