wheel setup with STOCK suspension?

civickid94

Alright so I've got a 98 civic HX, and I believe the stock tire size is 185/65/14 Obviously on a 14" Rim. I'm going to buy some Drag dr44s (laugh if you want) or Rotas. Im getting 15s. What offset, and width is good on STOCK suspension. I'm not looking to have to roll fenders, put negative camber on, or anything like that. The only suspension mod in my near future is lowering about 2" to get rid of the wheel gap. And also, say the rim is 15x8.25...would I be able to run a 205/50/15? Let me know what you think would fit nicely on my car and look good. Not looking to go any bigger than 15s, and I would like a lower profile tire than stock, but to change the overall diameter of the wheel and tire combined as little as possible, if you know what i'm trying to say. IF anything, I would make it smaller overall. Thanks

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Most all 15" wheels like rotas etc have either a 6.5" or 7" width. 8" or more is going to give you rubbing issue when turning most likely.

Stick with an offset closest to stock, or in your case ~ +40.

civickid94

alright so no low offset with the huge polished lip sticking out? I kind of like that look haha but not if it's going to require a ton of modifications. Would a +25 offset require anything different or would that work out okay? Essentially, what's the lowest offset I could use without issues?