Wheel/Tire options: '97 Civic HX

Anthony9920

I have a 1997 Honda Civic Hx and I'm looking for new rims I'm thinking XXR 531 or Enkei 92 15x8 but I don't know what offset I should get. I don't want the rims sticking out much past the fender if anything just a little bit or that they go underneath the fender. And I'm thinking of doing 195/40/15s tires. I NEED help with the offset please !!!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Use our search function and you will find plenty of responses involving several wheel sizes. I can tell you that 15x8s will not fit inside the wheel well so you'll need to have such a size sticking out and under the fender line, thus needing a very low profile, likely stretched, to increase your chances of fitment while reducing rubbing chances. This all will be affected by the suspension and drop on the car, so provide that info.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
15x8 does fit,, i used to have xxr 531 15x8 +20 offset with 195/45r15s only thing i had to do was roll my fenders because of the drop setting i'm running. Offset in 30-40mm it will still fit with no issues you'll just need to get the proper tire size so you can still have close to factory overall diameter. the rims poking is dictated by the rim offset. 20-15mm offset should be the lowest you should go with, lower offset then that will you give that "poke". I traded my XXR 531 15x8 +20 for XXR 527 16x8.25 +0 offset with no rubbing issues and i have a mild tire stretch(195/40r16, might switch to 215/40r16 or 205/40r16) my wheels does poke past the fender but not that much like those stanced out cars that are dumped on baggs and have some crazy wide ass wheels that make you do crazy camber settings just to get the wheels to fit in and not hit anything from full lock to lock turn lol. but the from personal experience 0 offset does require you to pull your fenders just abit to have better clearance. before i pulled them slightly i had basically had 2 CC thick clearance between my tire sidewall and the fenders.