Wheels - 15x8, 15x7?

Discussion in '5th Generation Honda Civic (1992-1995)' started by Tig., Oct 28, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Tig.

Tig. Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Sorry if this is a dumb question lol. I really don't know much at all about wheels, fitments, etc..
    But i'm deciding on wheels i want to purchase for my car in the future. I'm digging some xxr 501's in gold, but i see them on some eg's and they sit flush, others stick way past the fenders. So i'm just wondering is this because of the width of the wheel?? 15x7 vs 15x8? Info please guys! thanks

2. JohnS.

JohnS. BANGARANG Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

It has to do with wheel width but moreso with offset. The lower the offset, the more the wheels stick out.

3. pmac193

pmac193 Thundermuff Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

go 15x7, it's less work and you shouldn't have issues with rub unless your car is dumped.

4. civexspeedy

civexspeedy New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

They sell that wheel in a 15x7 +38 and a 15x8 +15. If you want to best fitment and have the wheel/tire pretty flush with the body, the 15x7 +38 is the one to get. The 15x8 +15 will probably poke out too much. I'd use a 195 size tire with the 15x7 +38 to avoid any rubbing issues.