NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
HondaSpeedaX said:
well im just going off their websites...amy would you do your own if you weren't lucky enough to have Si's? or would you take them to some1
I wouldn't do my own. I don't have experience with painting PLUS I'd want a clearcoat paint job, not just a single stage.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
usually.. to have the best outcomes... you have to take your time.. alot of sanding... primer.. paint.. clear... let it sit for like a week for the paint to cure... wetsand a bit... hit it with rubbing compound then hit it with polish and wax and you'd have a near perfect look..

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
look for a place in your area called paint mart. go there, tell them what you, you're code, adn they can mix it up into an aersol can for you. one normal size can will be enough, it was for me. they also sell good aerosol clearcoat, get the slow drying kind, its like $15 for a can but its worth it because it'll dry smooth with no orange peel =)

ryanM

NOFX said:
I wouldn't do my own. I don't have experience with painting PLUS I'd want a clearcoat paint job, not just a single stage.
lol, you know. most ppl clear coat the things they paint. lol. i put like 4 layers or paint, and like 6 or 7 layers of clearcoat on my grill when i painted it.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
lol, you know. most ppl clear coat the things they paint. lol. i put like 4 layers or paint, and like 6 or 7 layers of clearcoat on my grill when i painted it.
From how tos and such I've seen on here I don't remember a single one clearcoating afterwards. i've heard of some people clearcoating and ending with a foggy finish.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea clearcoat is a must, and if i do it with Slept-N's help hopefully it'll be pretty good