Which exhaust is better? Apexi or DC Sports?

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Silentrider said:
I'm looking for an exhaust that is not to quiet or too loud but also give good gains.
With the EVO is it loud enough to tell that it is not a stock exhaust?
Is the EVO real quiet?
Is the Apexi so loud that it is annoying?

APEXi N1 exhaust is only loud when you're at full throttle. Thats what makes it extra sweet to me.....once you floor it you hear it, but if you're just crusin' it has a deep tone through the shifts and mellows out (almost stock sounding) when at steady speeds. Plus it comes with a silencer so if you do get annoyed, just plug that bad boi

fobbytommy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
agreed with gio :D
greddy evo. it's a beautiful thing =)

lj17

vsmc #7 cccc #169
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've got an n1 and love it. i can vouch for all that child racer said. quite when cruising, then loud at vtec+. and it is definetly not rice sounding. sounds good all around, but when you get on it it has a nice deep tone and growls, and when you really rev on it that baby screams! its awesome. but, i'm sure you'd be happy with others too.

*a note to the n1 owners (and anyone else for that matter), do you know where i can buy new gaskets for my n1 catback? i need 3 new ones like that that came with the exhaust. i called apex, but they said they only sell the exhaust systems to distributors. i also checked wirth some distributors and all they sold was the complete kit. don't know what to do. suggestions??

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ljnick17 said:
i've got an n1 and love it. i can vouch for all that child racer said. quite when cruising, then loud at vtec+. and it is definetly not rice sounding. sounds good all around, but when you get on it it has a nice deep tone and growls, and when you really rev on it that baby screams! its awesome. but, i'm sure you'd be happy with others too.

*a note to the n1 owners (and anyone else for that matter), do you know where i can buy new gaskets for my n1 catback? i need 3 new ones like that that came with the exhaust. i called apex, but they said they only sell the exhaust systems to distributors. i also checked wirth some distributors and all they sold was the complete kit. don't know what to do. suggestions??
i dont know anyone who sells them seperate from the exhaust either.....your best bet would probably be to get some gasket material and cut your own. i'll keep an eye out for someone who sells em though

N1EX

Red_Robin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Another N1 owner here...considering the fact that I used N1 in my board name, i would say its a kick ass exhaust system. I really is the main focus of my car.

lj17

vsmc #7 cccc #169
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
child_racer said:
i dont know anyone who sells them seperate from the exhaust either.....your best bet would probably be to get some gasket material and cut your own. i'll keep an eye out for someone who sells em though
thanks for the consideration clild_racer. like i said, i checked around and was hoping to get some apexi ones like the origonals, but i don't think that is going to happen. the people at apexi (in the U.S.) said to check with distributors if they sell them. they also said, if the distributors don't sell individual gaskets, to see if they sold a "hardware pack". the apexi guy said i might be able to get one of those, and that would have the gaskets, nuts and bolts, and all the stuff that came with the system. so far, i haven't been able to find a place that sells anything like that. the only other thing i know to do is contact apexi's main office in japan, but thats getting a little crazy. plus i don't speak japanese! anyway, i don't mind if the gaskets aren't the origional apexi ones. but i want something equivalant to them, so they seal the same and perform the same. i have no problem cutting my own, but i don't know where to get the material. i havent seen any hi-temp type stuff like that around anywhere. anyone know about something like this? sorry to the thread starter for these long semi-off-topic posts, but its just something that i hve run into...

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice, i was thinking about posting a new thread asking HKS or Apexi, now im leaning more towards getting an apexi n1, which is what my friend got as well...you guys say the n1 is loud? id like a loud muffler too but you guys' description of the n1 loudness was unexpected, is it so loud thatd itd attract cops?

lj17

vsmc #7 cccc #169
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn, old thread. anyway, the n1 can be loud if you want it to. not counting aggressive driving (because, duh, it going to be loud because your revving high) the n1 really isn't that loud after you get used to it. with the silencer, mine sounds a little more "raspy" than without it. actually it isn't really raspy, but i can't think of a better word. a better way to look at it is that without the silencer it has a more growling tone when in low rpms. but i can't really tell a difference at high rpms (with or without the silencer), because it gets loud regardless. as for cops, just don't be stupid and rev it to 6k when one is behind you or around you. the n1 has been a great exhaust for me, although i haven't heard much about hks, so they might be just as good or better.

lj17

vsmc #7 cccc #169
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
671671671 said:
which is what my friend got as well...
wait, if your friend has the n1, can't you just see and hear what his is like??

TorGa3iGhT

"torga eight"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Silentrider said:
I'm looking for an exhaust that is not to quiet or too loud but also give good gains.
With the EVO is it loud enough to tell that it is not a stock exhaust?
Is the EVO real quiet?
Is the Apexi so loud that it is annoying?
I have the Greddy Evo exhaust, and yeah, you can definately tell that it is not a stock exhaust. I would recommend the Evo. That's just my 2 cents =)