Which first?

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Slam or wheels? I have a teal coupe and i started working lately. I plan on getting a set of bronze rota grids, and for suspension I want to dump it on F&F type 1s. They are both around the same price so what do you guys think I should do first? I wanna go ahead and get suspension but I don't wanna have new wheels riding 4x4... Opinions would help!

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^yup. Even real nice wheels on stock suspension looks stupid. Steelies and lowered look better IMO. Drop first, wheels next and you're set.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lower it first, then you avoid the awkward phase

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks all. You're right tho, I don't want to get my wheels on sitting stock height. I just hate that look lol. So I'll go with low first then wheels. Will slamming it make it more difficult to install wheels?

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
maybe getting the jack under depending on how much u drop it. My buddy has a 93 4dr civic slammed on skunk2's and he needs to jack his back up to get it on a lift. so mainly you just need to jack it up more than usual...(i think) im not slammed im only dropped like 1.8" and its normal to me.

James315

itll be a pain to get a jack under when i had my coupe i had to take my lip off to get on a lift at my exhaust shop and to jack it up i had to use the stock scissor jack because nothing else would fit... i was slammed on steelies at that time.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Slam or wheels? I have a teal coupe and i started working lately. I plan on getting a set of bronze rota grids, and for suspension I want to dump it on F&F type 1s. They are both around the same price so what do you guys think I should do first? I wanna go ahead and get suspension but I don't wanna have new wheels riding 4x4... Opinions would help!
Stock wheels. Then you don't have to worry about it looking like "4x4" The car will look like what it is suppose to look like :thumbup:

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Slam then post pictures so we can tell you its not low enough.

ev94eg

from my experiance the f&f didnt really ride good. id go with koni yellows/ ground control with extended top hats if i were you if you are wanting to slam it. u can get your own spring rates and the extended top hats is a plus also. and the koni/gc setup is right about 800-900 without the top hats