Which fuse can stop my car from starting?

demoniclizard

5+ Year Member
The company I work for wants me to go work at one of its stores in a different location for the next four weeks. The store is located in a pretty crime heavy area. I want to know is there a fuse I can pull under my hood that will prevent my car from starting, without damaging my car? This isn't some permanent anti theft solution...i just don't have money to buy an alarm or anything and im really paranoid about my car getting messed with in this area. I thought the car couldn't be started without the ECU, but I pulled out that fuse and the car was still able to start fine so are there any others? A detailed description of where the fuse is located or how its labled would be helpful...this is on a 6th gen civic.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
starter relay fuse in the passenger compartment in the fuse box.

demoniclizard

5+ Year Member
Tom said:
starter relay fuse in the passenger compartment in the fuse box.
I looked in the fuse box and I found no fuse that was labled speciflcally "starter relay"

What I found though were two similar ones, one named "rr def relay" and "p/w relay, s/r relay"

i tried pulling the one labled "p/w relay, s/r relay" but the car still started

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
one of those is the power window relay fuse, the other i'm not sure of, check under there and see if any are label'd started realy, if not, check the under hood fuse box.

demoniclizard

5+ Year Member
Tom said:
one of those is the power window relay fuse, the other i'm not sure of, check under there and see if any are label'd started realy, if not, check the under hood fuse box.
Would pulling the fuse labled "fuel pump, srs unit" give the same effect? I would think the car couldn't run without the fuel pump...or would this damage my car by not having this fuse in?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
well it certainly won't start without fuel, but let me see if i can find something better first before you try taht.

demoniclizard

5+ Year Member
Tom said:
well it certainly won't start without fuel, but let me see if i can find something better first before you try taht.
I tried starting it without the fuel pump fuse and the car wouldnt start.

now my question is, could this cause anything bad to happen by pulling this fuse out for 8 hrs and putting it back in, 20 times?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
well i couldn't find anything else, as for causing something bad, i'm not sure honestly.

PFEVER

5+ Year Member
No Nothing Bad Will Happen By Removeing The Fuse For 8hrs But Before U Turn The Ignitiong To On Or Run Make Sure U Put It Back In .