which intake manifold for a d16z6 engine.

Boricuanology

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With so many aftermarket intake manifold out there which one you guys recomend, that shows the most power gains.(with proof of the power gain in paper) is for a d16z6 engine that is going turbo. please I need this info Now, since I want to start ordering parts todayyyyyyy!

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
skunk2 ftw...or ITB for the real win

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have the skunk2, i dont have anything on paper, but its nice, oh and i might be selling it soon when i get a swap.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16bang said:
the skunk 2 single slamer intake mani is gay. i had it it is designed to fit ALMOST every single cam motor made from 88-00' so in order to do that there are extra holes, relocations of existing parts ie sensors and such. you have to fab a bracket to hold your throtle cable. it is most def NOT FTW. only thing that in my oppnion "cool" is the cool suction whistle noise you get with it. that is all.

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
buzzbombtom said:
the skunk 2 single slamer intake mani is gay. i had it it is designed to fit ALMOST every single cam motor made from 88-00' so in order to do that there are extra holes, relocations of existing parts ie sensors and such. you have to fab a bracket to hold your throtle cable. it is most def NOT FTW. only thing that in my oppnion "cool" is the cool suction whistle noise you get with it. that is all.
wow you are very mis informed, you don't have to fab your own bracket you just have to relocate the bracket from your old IM...matter of fact i'm not gonna argue with you man..

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=964311

check it out for yourself.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
on my single cam you did. and plus i am not sure if i am gonna read 5 pages to find one post of some one who had that. all the first few posts like 14+ were all about b and h motors no d? i do not support that one. the b and h manis are awsome "recasts" of the type r for the b. but still the d is not nearly as nice.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've heard nothing but good things about the edelbrock IM.. both the edelbrock and skunk2 perform about the same. the only reason people kind of go away from skunk2 is because of some fitment issues, but it's easily fixed.

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh....guess i was wrong...but still....go skunk2...or ITB!!!! rofl...$1500 for that.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and i just finished reading it. not one post on a sinlge slammer and a lot of them are having issues with the IM. the one that is good too. ;) that whole tread was useless by the way. can you "not argue" with me and get some evidence that backs up your claim of the D16Z6 SKUNK 2 IM BEING GOOD? i will try and do the same. ie find my old pics of the old motor. cant promise anything that was 3 formats ago. and 2 years ago.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

because this mani was ment for so many cars it had extra holes that did not come with plugs lol look on the right side of the mani in this pic. you will see a ghetto fix on it. its vaccume tube with a botl in there to hold the seal. and if you look closer you might be able to see the cable bracket that was fabed. sorry small pic bit i got mine =)

Boricuanology

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16bang said:
what brand is that ITB, also people what about the edelbrock, are there any others. Also is the skunk2 manifold ready for aditional injectors or 4 foggers Nitrous system. also I see a lot of charts with dyno charts but for the B series or the H series. any charts on the D.

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea...and u kno whats sux? getting proven wrong after you...admit to being wrong??? cuz u kno...it doesn't really bother me...i guess i thought i knew what i was talking abuot but noooo i got pwn3d likez a nubz0r by teh l337 haxzor!!!!!....wow thanks.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16bang said:
yea...and u kno whats sux? getting proven wrong after you...admit to being wrong??? cuz u kno...it doesn't really bother me...i guess i thought i knew what i was talking abuot but noooo i got pwn3d likez a nubz0r by teh l337 haxzor!!!!!....wow thanks.
\
no its ok you were right when you take into concideration the fact that most would think that a company would not cut corners like that, and make the d the same as teh b and h but when it comes down to it skunk knows that d ryders are ghetto lol and they dont care hahahah. but you were right on the other 2 manis. i dont want to seem like a d**k. can i give you a hug?

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Boricuanology said:
what brand is that ITB, also people what about the edelbrock, are there any others. Also is the skunk2 manifold ready for aditional injectors or 4 foggers Nitrous system. also I see a lot of charts with dyno charts but for the B series or the H series. any charts on the D.
d ninjas are too poor to get dyno's but it is not setup for foggers or more? injectors. it can only take the 4 that are ment to be there. it can take BIGGER ones.is that what you mean. and as far as the itb it comes from some motorcycle motor. i swear.

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
d ninja is the s**t...god i wish that was my nick...can a mod change it to that plz????? D NINJA! or D-ninja

SI-vic lover

5+ Year Member
skunk 2 is awesome but big prob's with d's.........if you want an aftermarket i say get an edelbrock, but like i did, just get a y8 with a port matched b series tb....worx great :twisted:

Boricuanology

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its getting to the point that I think Im gonna stick with the original and modified, port it to match it with the cylinder head, then maybe send it to get strude hone. the money I save I rather expended on the cylinder head or the turbo, I can always later on buy one after market, maybe then they have corrected any problems and hopefully have a new updated version.