Which ones???

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
K, it's getting close to that time... time to get wheels. nother 2 weeks i estimate, and for MONTHS now i have been torn between these 2 types of 17"s...

or

i NEED to make up my mind cuz i wanna have em b4 jan. is over. i am kinda leaning more toward #2 lately cuz one of my buddies has the 1st ones in silver and another friend is ordering them, so i wouldn't wanna look like a copycat in this small ass town of ours. lol. and w/e i get, they r GONNA be in white. they'll be going on the red civic EX in my signature pic below. sure could use some 2nd opinions. THANX! :D

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea, I'd go with #2....they look a lil better than #1, in my opinion.

sspem2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i really like thoe motegi mr7 but ive seen so many cars with them. their played out. i would but the other rims cuz then your being different and your own style. :D

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeh i think i'm gonna go with #2 the koing rated R's now. does anyone know of a brand that makes these IDENTICAL wheels for cheaper in 17"x7 white 4-lug? (like motegi makes mr7's and konig makes tantrums and they r the same wheel) i'd like to go the cheaper route if i possibly can. i dont care the name brand, as long as they look nice and r cheap. =)

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get the Konig Heliums in 16's! They are very light weight for 16's and they look awesome...I am getting the 15's in bronze!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT!

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh yes...they are also like 125 bucks a wheel for the 15...not much more for the 16 I expect!

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
which one is lighter? what material are they made out of?

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the second....but in silver...or gun metal...on a red civic...it would be cool!

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey man i found rims exactly like the konigs you wanted. they are VOLK TE37's...heres a pic:

and here i'll post the konigs so you can compare them:

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeh i have seen those b4 DLS. cept they cost like 3 times what the konig rated r's did. i really dont feel like payin 1600 for just rims w/o tires. unless u have seen them cheaper. thanx 4 tryin bro, i really appreciate it. :D

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "DLS TekNiQue"

hey man i found rims exactly like the konigs you wanted. they are VOLK TE37's...heres a pic:

and here i'll post the konigs so you can compare them:

most of konigs rims are a copy of some jap. rims.
like mine are the konig temper r's (no longer make), which are a copy of the volk gtn's

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if only you can take out that rated R and put some volk stickers on it instead...

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The TE37s and the Rated Rs are not much alike actually. Their designs are very different if you look at it from the side, not the front. The TE37s look a lot better, IMO. But you're right, they do cost an arm and a leg.

I'd go with the Rated Rs. I've seen some on sale for cheapo ... $700 17s with tyres!!

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "OZ99"

The TE37s and the Rated Rs are not much alike actually. Their designs are very different if you look at it from the side, not the front. The TE37s look a lot better, IMO. But you're right, they do cost an arm and a leg.

I'd go with the Rated Rs. I've seen some on sale for cheapo ... $700 17s with tyres!!
:shock: recently? where?

Violator

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get the Volk TE37, they're much lighter and stonger. The konig's are more for show...you get what you pay for and Volk is worth it. Just do a search for them.

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they are also double the price of the konig...

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i HAVE searched. the cheapest i have seen them is 1600 w/o tires. f**k that, man. i am thinking of settling on the new motegi ff6's. they r purty damn close, and inexpensive as well.

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
------>

those are fuggin tight, get em if you cant find the rated r's anywhere..

brad, check this link Contemporary Motorsports

I have bought a couple things from these guys, and they are great...

check it out, it says they have the rated r's in stock....