which suspension tie pieces should i get

nurevEKcivic00

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok iv got an 00 civic DX coupe, im getting k sport coilovers and im tryin to tighten up the body, whats the best arangement of tie parts i can get? i was thinking of getting, password 3 point front strut bar, rear strut bar, rear lower arm bar and front h brace, should i get anyother ones, or is it enough going with just a front and rear strut bar?
thanks in advance

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like you're on the right track, keep up with those goals. Front H brace is the best investment so far for me, I had one on my old car as well... Love love love it.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
passwordjdm 3-point front strut and passwordjdm rear strut are very good choices. solid bars with no pivots points. along with the rear lower tie bar. and like blahman said, an h brace is nice too.

another thing u might want to look at is the EM Racing trunk floor bar (may be for bling but the more bars, the stiffer ur chassis is). also an oem si/gsr rear sway bar (12 or 13mm). if u go bigger than 12 or 13, ull want to consider an ASR subframe reinforcement brace for the bigger bars have been known to tear out the subframe with is no good.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
actually... on my old car I had every single bar you could buy, I had my suspension completly done and build, the last thing I added was a sway bar, and man did the over steer come, I personally wouldn't recommend a huge sway bar with other bars, imo the H brace is all you need to prevent much of the sway. The body needs to sway a tiny bit atleast to make a good turn.

Its not a game of how much money and mods you can have on your car, its a game to get it how you like it and still have it ready to compete and still be a strong competitor. You don't see the pro's having all the mods you could buy. I don't know if I got out what I'm trying to say clearly, but I hope you know what I mean.

I guess I'm saying you don't want a car that the track will over power, you want a car that the track will be over powered by.

nurevEKcivic00

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks for the help and opinions guys, i think im going to go with the red megan racing h brace, front 3 point passowrd sway bar, password rear sway bar, front and rear carbing or spoon lower arm bars and i might just go with the rear arm bar. but thats what ive got planned for now, now all i have to do is get alittle more money, since im gonna need more then my 1100 to do this
iv got ksport coilovers, lca's, and front rear matching camber kit for 950 shipped,
(robear)megan racing h brace-69.00 +
spoon lower arm bar-149.00 or carbing lower arm bar-79.00+19.00 ship.+
2 point password rear bar-129.99+
3 point password front bar-199.99+ 50.44 ship.
=1400.00 :(
plus new rota circuit 8 rims + tires+
cf mugen lip+
jdm fogs+
ctr grill+
ctr shift boot+
ctr lights+
ctr guages bezel+
red or black with red stitching seats+
turbo kit+
engine internals, bolt ons FOOOKKK
too much to list, and too much money to spend that i dont have

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can get the megan h brace on ebay for like 20 bucks, i'm not sure it has the megan name, but its the same thing.

Edit: Oh yea, if you plan to turbo the car, don't get fog lights, you'll prob end up having to remove them anyways.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
although foggies and IC look HAWT!!!!

oh yeah and as far as the topic:

on my 99 ex I have:

ctr upper front strut bar
OEM Si Rear Sway Bar
Universal Rear Strut Bar
Koni Yellows
Eibach Prokit

LOVE It.

nurevEKcivic00

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
you can get the megan h brace on ebay for like 20 bucks, i'm not sure it has the megan name, but its the same thing.

Edit: Oh yea, if you plan to turbo the car, don't get fog lights, you'll prob end up having to remove them anyways.
niceee, i dont realy care if it doesnt have the name on it, cus itll be under the car anyway soo, but as for the top pieces i will want the name showing if i get like password or spoon just for the little extra bling i guess. and thanx for the input sk8 on your set up, keep em coming! any input is a help

chet baker

5+ Year Member
amej8 said:
passwordjdm 3-point front strut and passwordjdm rear strut are very good choices. solid bars with no pivots points. along with the rear lower tie bar. and like blahman said, an h brace is nice too.

another thing u might want to look at is the EM Racing trunk floor bar (may be for bling but the more bars, the stiffer ur chassis is). also an oem si/gsr rear sway bar (12 or 13mm). if u go bigger than 12 or 13, ull want to consider an ASR subframe reinforcement brace for the bigger bars have been known to tear out the subframe with is no good.
^^^^what he said^^^^

all would help a lot . but a rollcage would be the best oc_ civic has one heres a link:
http://www.autopowerindustries.com/Roll_Cages.htm ;)

my car http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2367084

nurevEKcivic00

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i was tryin to buy a guys monkey barz from him but he doent know if hell have it by the 29th of this month

chet baker

5+ Year Member
nurevEKcivic00 said:
and yea dude your car is prety sick looking, im liking the cf hood and trunk with the gunmetal rims to set it off, love it o and where did u get that mugen valve cover from???
found it on ebay :D