which tach more accurate?

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i finally bit the bullet and bought an si cluster to replace my stock cluster w/ autometer tach. When i got the cluster in i noticed they are different by about 300 rpm's (witht the autometer being higher) so which one is correct.

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well here is why i ask... i think maybe aftermarket tachs are only considered more accurate because they have a more precise measurement. But I dont know if they are any more correct.. obviously the 2 tachs are getting slightly different signals, but wouldnt honda design the car so that the signal came from the most accurate point? I dont know where that is, but the aftermarket one is wired in right by the dizzy.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my vafc and autometer tach were both slightly different than my factory tach before i removed it.. i feel that the 2 aftermarket ones are both more acurate than stock when compared to factory redline specs.. the vafc has a peek hold function and stops right at the factory stated rev limit.. so to me that is DEAD on.. and due to it being digital i could literally read the number (VERY close to factory stated rev limit)

for the record the difference was VERY small i dont recall the exact number because its been years since i had a factory tach...

VigLink badge