Which ZC it is!!!!!!

L!r0N

Hi guys I bought this lovely motor not long ago can anyone help me in sorting out which ZC motor it is... it's says on the engine number ZC###########
I know it's a sohc. [emoji23] pls I'm in the middle of a project and not sure if I should go with that motor. [emoji594][emoji594][emoji594][emoji594][emoji594] thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Pic of block tag might help, pic of dizzy plug, and injectors. But the injectors look obd1 dont quote me tho

Sent from my boujea ass phone

L!r0N

This one is sohc no vtec. I have no idea what car it came out of. I just to know if it's worth my while in turbo that engine. Or to build my d16y8.

L!r0N

I might drop a y8 head on that ZC make it vtec ZC and turbo it.
I have a d16y8 in parts and that ZC dropped in my civic. You think it will work???

L!r0N

No I don't have a compression rate. I even not sure what ZC it is lol. It's running fine in my civic now i have a 1996 civic 2door coupe. 5sp. I used to have a d16y8. But cracked the head on it so I pulled it out and dropped that ZC in. I added a pic. IMG_3453.JPG

L!r0N

Minimally, you should compression test the ZC cylinders to determine whether it is fit for forced induction (FI). Better yet, rebuild the block so that it can sustain the stresses of FI.

Also put a radiator and air intake system on the engine. Running without them is a bad idea. :P

If you have not already done so, research Honda engine FI and the ECU and tune requirements. Don't go half-cocked into a turbo build.
I will get the compression test done tomorrow. What should be the rate I'm looking for?
I've googled and few people changed the sohc ZC head to a y8 vtec head and gained heaps more power I might go and get it done my civic had a vtec in it before so all the wiring are there the ecu fits what's your thoughts...

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
I believe that's a mini me, compression should be 140psi or better on a healthy engine.. any boosted ?? Let me know i have built many turbo setups, currently building a TT 4.8 silverado and still have my LSVT EG.

L!r0N

I believe that's a mini me, compression should be 140psi or better on a healthy engine.. any boosted ?? Let me know i have built many turbo setups, currently building a TT 4.8 silverado and still have my LSVT EG.

It's not boosted at the moment. But I will buy a cheap eBay complete kit(514usd pic. Attached )are they any good? This car is only for fun not really going to race it.
Should I change rods and pistons while I'm changing the head on it? Thanks mate.

L!r0N

Just got my compression test done show 200 psi. (It's a sohc ZC engine no vtec)
I want to get it boosted. But not sure if I should swap the head to d16y8 head vtec and than boost

L!r0N

I will buy a cheap eBay complete kit
:hitlol:

...research Honda engine FI and the ECU and tune requirements. Don't go half-cocked into a turbo build.
I got compression test and showed 200psi on 3 of them and 180+ on the other one.
I'm not sure if I should turbo the current engine ZC sohc no vtec, or swap the head to y8 head with vtec and then turbo...

L!r0N

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] so what your suggestion is...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Don't go half-cocked into a turbo build.
Just here to reiterate this. This is exactly what you would be doing with an Ebay kit.

L!r0N

Don't go half-cocked into a turbo build.
Just here to reiterate this. This is exactly what you would be doing with an Ebay kit.
I hear you guys , you probably right
This project is only for fun and daily driving probably will run on a really low boost around 6-8 psi and stock motor (it's a ZC sohc no vtec). In the future I might change the head to vtec y8 head , pistons , rods arp studs and push it. But for now. I think it should last...what's your thoughts [emoji189]