white box behind gauge cluster

McHensley12

Almighty clubcivic.... wtf is this?

[/IMG]

this is on the back of my '98 EJ6 Lx... what is it and how can i take it off? I put in four of the five led bulbs and this is blocking where the other one should be. the left side of the cluster came out pretty well but its not right without that other led not in there...

Thanks!

Ps. sorry for the cell phone quality picture.

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
Almighty clubcivic.... wtf is this?

[/IMG]

this is on the back of my '98 EJ6 Lx... what is it and how can i take it off? I put in four of the five led bulbs and this is blocking where the other one should be. the left side of the cluster came out pretty well but its not right without that other led not in there...

Thanks!

Ps. sorry for the cell phone quality picture.
thats the automatic gear selector indicator cover. in there you will find the lights for the gear indicators on the front of the gauge that run on the left side of the front of the gauge. tells you if your in park and drive and all that. now the more important thing under there are the lights for behind the left gauge section. to get it off all you need to do is take a flat head screw driver and gently insert it into the white tabs, i believe there are 3 in all, then lift the taps out and the cover will slide off. now you need to be careful because all the lights for the gear indicators are long, about 1'', so if you pry the cover off to the right or left then those lights are going to bend and possibly be damaged.

McHensley12

leothelion... I love you. haha il put the last bulb tomorrow then.

Cant wait till i have the money for a transmission swap... wouldn't have this problem. haha.