White foglights put in place of reverse lights

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got some cheap walmart small foglights (hyperwhite). I am thinking about rigging them inside my taillights somehow and useing them to see out my dark tinted rear window

Either this or rigging them to a switch so they become anti-tailgating lights too.

My question is anyone interested in seeing this done or you think its something stupid that a bored kid thought up

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
I got some cheap walmart small foglights (hyperwhite). I am thinking about rigging them inside my taillights somehow and useing them to see out my dark tinted rear window

Either this or rigging them to a switch so they become anti-tailgating lights too.

My question is anyone interested in seeing this done or you think its something stupid that a bored kid thought up
I just put hyperwhite backup bulbs in my lights. I know APC makes some cheap ones that work. I've had mine for more than a year I think with no problems. Oh wait, scratch that... car was stolen, taillights are new. I never had a problem with them before anyway.

I also know that anti-tailgating trick is dirty and very illegal of course. I'm sure you see a lot of trucks and SUVs with white lights on the back but the official reason for those at least is that they're there for hauling a trailer.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:

I'm interested in seeing it done. Just be careful with them. Make sure there's no popo's around when you do it. Lets see some pics when you get done.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
is it really that illegal to have bright lights in the back of your car (in your tail light setup i mean).

but id like to see it done.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It is illegal to have white lights in general emitting from behind your vehicle in normal driving conditions (ie - backup light doesn't count). And yes, having a bright light to flash peopel to make them get off your ass is a big problem. Do you really know there isn't a cop way back behind you when you flash the guy in the Ranger riding your ass? ;) I know I could be temporarily blinded if I were flashed with a bright light in the dark... that doesn't seem like a good idea when I'm driving.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its a funny idea...and ive seen some kids from my old highschool do it to there cavis/barettas...and ive also seen a cop chase a kid after he flashed them at the guy in front of me...while the cop was behind me,...

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why not just retro a halogen bulb into the taillight backup assembly. might need thicker wires tho cause stock seems really small.

manu

5+ Year Member
try this

My friend rigged up a switch to his brake light with a push switch...lol if he was being tailgated hell just press it till the guy behing him brakes and goes further....LOL it was funny he once had a guy slam his brakes on a local road... plus if you get pulled over you can always say you braked....