Who Needs HIDs?! (LED Review)

Frostyy

NOTE: I posted this in the 9th Gen section already, but figured this might be a better place for it.

Hey guys, I'm an active member over on Acurazine.com (Frosty), but I figured I'd post this review here as well since my friend drives an SI, and recently upgraded his lower fogs with these same LEDs.

My search for LEDs started after I became sick of the Nokya Hyper Yellow halogens that I had in both my upper (factory) fogs, and my lower (Inspire) fogs. I was just tired of the yellow, JDM-look in general. So I originally planned on getting white LEDs for the upper fogs, and white HIDs for the lower fogs (That's what most people do). I knew the upper LEDs would never be as bright as the lower HIDs, but putting HIDs in the upper fog housings really isn't a viable option.

There are quite a few LED options out there, but I would dare to say that I've found the absolute best one, both in terms of color, and brightness. I stumbled across it while searching on a popular lighting site, and they were listed for nearly $100. They caught my attention because they were new (2014), and the specs looked quite impressive. I was able to find the same LEDs elsewhere for a much better price, and decided to give them a shot.

The install was a piece of cake- a simple plug-and-play design.

When I turned them on for the first time, I literally thought I had turned the HIDs on by mistake- that's how insanely bright these things are! (4800 lumens)
Upper fogs / DRLs ONLY

I was so impressed with these LEDs, that I ditched the idea of getting HIDs for my lower fogs, and bought another set of these LEDs instead.
Lower Fogs ONLY

About a week ago, one of my factory HIDs burned out, so while I waited for my CBIs to arrive, I had to use only my upper and lower LEDs to light the path. I had no problems whatsoever. I forgot the HIDs were even off.

Upper Fogs / DRLs and Lower Fogs ONLY

These LEDs matched my factory (color-shifted) HIDs quite well, but they are a PERFECT match for the Osram CBI HIDs. I convinced my brother to get a pair for the fogs on his 2011 335i (which also has CBIs), and they couldn't be a closer match. My mom also got a set for her 2011 SRX fogs. They are a great match for her HIDs also.

BEFORE

AFTER

My buddy just got these for his 2012 SI fogs. He loved them so much that he ordered more for his low beams as well. They will be here next week.

Here is a picture I took after installing my CBI HIDs. They are a very close match now, but I'm anticipating a perfect match after the CBI break-in period.

Sooo... What do you guys think?!​

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Look pretty OK. What do you guys sell these for? What other hardware is involved?

I've been rocking HID retrofits in my headlights and yellow HIDs in my fogs for some time and absolutely love them.

Frostyy

Look pretty OK. What do you guys sell these for? What other hardware is involved?

I've been rocking HID retrofits in my headlights and yellow HIDs in my fogs for some time and absolutely love them.
No other hardware is needed for the fogs or low beams (or anything that gets 12v). They are literally plug-n-play (no ballasts to mess with).

IF you use them in the DRL location on the newer Civics, you will need the Acura/Honda DRL harness from Vleds to give them the 12v they need to power on. Standard DRLs only receive 6v, which isn't enough to power up these bad boys. If you don't like your DRLs, these would be a solution to eliminate them. The LEDs would only power on once they received the 12v from the high beam signal.

Also, I'm not selling these. I'm just sharing my find because I was so impressed with them. I got mine from HERE, and used their coupon code, GTXM2, for 20% off and free shipping.

Frostyy

I had my buddy take a couple photos last night with his fancy shmancy camera gear.

Frostyy

My buddy got another set of these LEDs for the low beam housings on his 9th Gen Civic to match the fogs that he had already installed. He sent me these pics today, but I'll take some better ones the next time we meet up. He needs to adjust the angle because they are aiming a little too low right now. Luckily, it's as easy as turning a screw (like the TL HIDs). They look great!