whoops theres the rev limiter

Budget_Hatch

5+ Year Member
well racing a jeep on the 1/8 and i missed second and third :x and on third it bounced one time 6500rpm now it idles 1900 rpm!!! it used to idle 900 and so i came too the forum seached high idle, iac and everone says clean it clean it well i cleaned it rpms whent down too 1800 and now it spuders when slow acceleration when it felt so much faster really and the ITS intake temp sensor is gone it got raplaced just cleared the code. did nothing for the real prombelm things ive tried ummm cleaned the iac and it clicks when i turn the car on checked all vacums, checked wires my wiring job is still good to go, replaced i.t.s. restet the ecu twice ohh when i can push the trotle body closed and itll go down to 1400rpms i have no idea what i did but i still cought back up to that jeep ;) than i mashed his as on the highway badly like 5 cars from a 30 to 90 roll hahahaha :lol: v8 my has anyone ever had this problem i think i mite be sol for the week ive only got 20 bucks left to blow but ohh well thnx peps

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your idle adjustment screw mightve backed out. the one on my car did and it kept idling high and i had to get out and idle it down.

Budget_Hatch

5+ Year Member
nope didnt work what about the allen head bolt in the iac but it noit just the idle after i cleaned the iac it start the run ruffer than it did before

Budget_Hatch

5+ Year Member
ok i whent for a ride and now it takes a minite to turn off like it want to keep going big leak somewhere right ???? i turn the key off it takes like 10 seconds for the motor to stop turn in stead of just stop when it ran good im going to try cleaning the fitv tommoorrow after work if not ill come here and see if yall havbe any ideas

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Check the timing. Maybe you could have made soem of the valves go out of spec. The older honda motors can do that and that is one of the cool things about a k block is the continuous phasing of timing. Your valve lash could be off.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the idle adjustment screw is not in the IACV! that allen bolt means nuthin. your MPFI right? if you are..then there is a flat head brass lookin screw on the top of the throttlebody. turn it a few diff directions and see what happens. green i think has a pic somewhere

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
see here...theres a little red vacuum hose on top of the intake tube...next to taht is the braided evap hose. and right below that and a lil futher back is the idle adjustment screw.

Budget_Hatch

5+ Year Member
i did that didnt do nothing it had paint on it witch means it hasnt been touched right?? i call a honda tech of mine and he said check the timing.. how ????

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Look and see if the timing marks are line. The ignition will have to be tested with a test light. I think you plug it up to your #1 cylinder spark plug and set the light towards the crank pulley and see if the white dot lines up with the pointer on the timing cover. Turn until they line up at the same point along the mark.

Budget_Hatch

5+ Year Member
ok its off by a half inch but the timeing blet has a a half inch play in it too how do i check the timing for the cams to crank or ya thnx for help guys

edit do i turn the dizy to line up the whtie mark withthe line or how do i do it the the cams look they are a cog off it happend to my camry once when i got on it it jump a cog just engh to make it run like shizza but still drive able

Budget_Hatch

5+ Year Member
ok i messed with it some more and now i got the idle down to 1200 but now it sputers only when i lightly touch the gas when i start it itll stay at 500 rpms for like 5 mins then itll jump to 1200 it wasnt running ike this untill i cleaned the iac anyways could i have not cleaned it good enough

Budget_Hatch

5+ Year Member
well guys i got it fixed. the pcv valve was nasty i cleaned it drove it a little that stooped the sputering and i replaced all vacumsi mine all of them and turned the idle down i still have another 1/4 turn to get it lower but its only a 1000 rpm so that sould be a good idle right ???? other than that i need to find a gasket for inbetween the header and down pipe but she smokes some but i heard if it smokes its running good soo thnxfor the help guys really appercate the help