Who's here to stay?

lucasl

comming back to vtec
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, I haven’t been on here for a hella long time just talking to friends about old cars and came back here to look for pics, they are all gone now though :( I still recognise some usernames!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man this thread didn’t age well :’(

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I'm here off and on, trying to get back into things here, but the site isn't what it used to be, rather not a lot of action like it was back in the day, i don't think i banned everybody into saying f**k this place, lol.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the site isn't what it used to be, rather not a lot of action like it was back in the day, i don't think i banned everybody into saying f**k this place, lol.
But thanks to JDM fan boiz, mismanaged and ill moderated Facebook groups, forums have fallen off.
The inherently stupid have taken over, where forums could at least moderate and organize things much better!

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude Facebook is so bad for community knowledge about vehicles (or anything), and yet it somehow still sucked all the forums dry..

• Not externally indexed (or maybe that's just me blacklisting all of facebook from google results, meh)
  • Almost never an update where the OP resolves something more than a week later. No long-term discussions or troubleshooting.
  • Clunky notification settings
  • Non existent text formatting
  • Weak to none moderation of trusted knowledge vs wild-ass guesses

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude Facebook is so bad for community knowledge about vehicles (or anything), and yet it somehow still sucked all the forums dry..

• Not externally indexed (or maybe that's just me blacklisting all of facebook from google results, meh)
  • Almost never an update where the OP resolves something more than a week later. No long-term discussions or troubleshooting.
  • Clunky notification settings
  • Non existent text formatting
  • Weak to none moderation of trusted knowledge vs wild-ass guesses

Exactly....and based on all those reasons, I can't figure out why FB groups seem to thrive.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Exactly....and based on all those reasons, I can't figure out why FB groups seem to thrive.
All car pages that I'm on are complete s**t shows. Facebook killed forums. I remember the days when this place was bumpin!