why dont ep3's get love??

Ltrain

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seams like everyone i talk to dont like them. I dont know whycause i think they look good (dropped of course), plus u dont have to worry about theft as much as other hondas and considering the ep3 already has a K, a K20 swap would just pop right in withoug having to spend $$ on a k20 eg for example.

well anyways im lookin to get a ep3 as my next car

HOW DO U FEEL ABOUT THE EP3???

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I think that from 2001-2005 Honda really messed up with the Civic's. In general I'm not a big fan of any 7th gen.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
They suck the big one. I had a ep3 thinking it would be impressive for a si, but coming straight from the factory it fails on all levels. Why should someone buy a ep3 just to swap the motor to what truely should have been there in the first place?

Plus the EPS is known to go on them.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've honestly never seen an ep3 that I've been like OMG! about.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I don't really mind them, I was looking at them for a while but the the shifter location is absolutely horrendous.

darkstormcr

5+ Year Member
I don't really mind them, I was looking at them for a while but the the shifter location is absolutely horrendous.
Agreed. I drove my friends and I can't stand the way the shifter is placed. it's like a hook hanging on the center dash..lol

franklin-hid

your moms boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think that from 2001-2005 Honda really messed up with the Civic's. In general I'm not a big fan of any 7th gen.
i agree 100%

a kswapped EG is FAST n cheaper then a EP3...they had the WORST and SLOWEST k series motors EVER.....

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've never driven one but if I ever did, I feel like I'd accidentally rip the shifter out of the console, thinking I'd be going into 2nd.

They don't look THAT bad if you lower them and do a little bit of cosmetic work. But overall, 7th gens fail. The 04-05 Civic's don't look nearly as bad as the 01-03 but I don't like 7th gens in general.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My friend with an ep and a LS swapped ek raced from a dig and on the freeway. Both are fairly well
experienced drivers

But, the ep could only get a bumper on the ek.

Ltrain

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bumppp someone told me the ep3 is the bastard stepchild of the honda family

buff4lo

:K:
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bumppp someone told me the ep3 is the bastard stepchild of the honda family
i hate you all:???:

i have one, i love it, the sifters not wierd
its diffrent than anyother civic in town
and im coming to terms with the notreal vtec

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i love my minivan

for the money, i got an 05 car, with power steering, AC, and electric options, a DOHC motor, a decent suspension from the factory...etc

how many honda owners can say all of that? i know the a3 is the shitbox, but it sure as hell beats the y7 i was used to rocking previously.

franklin-hid

your moms boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i hate you all:???:

i have one, i love it, the sifters not wierd
its diffrent than anyother civic in town
and im coming to terms with the notreal vtec
like someone said on here

"different isnt always better"

LOL@fake vtec

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've only seen a few 7th gens that I thought were really nice.

hondagriff

Banned
Why are you guys calling an EP3 a 7th gen when its not. SI hasn't been around that long. Why not compare it to a FIT or something.:lol:

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why are you guys calling an EP3 a 7th gen when its not. SI hasn't been around that long. Why not compare it to a FIT or something.:lol:
When my Fit was boosted, I raped a ep3 with only 128whp.