Why remove A/C or cruise control?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
They never use it and they think it's just extra weight, as for the AC its extra load on the engine, weight as well obviously...

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So other then a few lbs theres no big reason for taking out cruise?
I like a clean engine bay, so I removed the ps, cc, and ac. Not to mention the weight reduction. You could keep it if you want. I didn't use mine anyways.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They never use it and they think it's just extra weight, as for the AC its extra load on the engine, weight as well obviously...
When the A/C is not activated, it places almost no extra load on the motor.

So other then a few lbs theres no big reason for taking out cruise?
This is correct. Same thing with power steering and A/C.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
When the A/C is not activated, it places almost no extra load on the motor.
Keyword being almost. In the world of street RICING every pound, every foot pound of torque and each little horsepower matters! I just took my CC out because I never ever use it, and the engine bay looks cleaner without it.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pounds make a difference but not at the point of 50lbs, yes in a 1/4 mile you might shave off a fraction but personally, for a dd i think its pointless removal. IMO i think it'd be mostly good if you never use either and want a clean engine bay.

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I use cruise control almost daily, and I love my AC =) just a matter of preference basically

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Keyword being almost. In the world of street RICING every pound, every foot pound of torque and each little horsepower matters! I just took my CC out because I never ever use it, and the engine bay looks cleaner without it.
Except it amounts to less than one horsepower or foot pound of torque. Wear less clothes while driving, or drink less water that day. It'll have the same effect.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my hatch didnt come with ac, ps, or cc :(

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like a clean engine bay, so I removed the ps, cc, and ac. Not to mention the weight reduction. You could keep it if you want. I didn't use mine anyways.
wow really? U have balls. living in fresno in the summer is a b***h LOL.

spoon egg

Teeth Doctor
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I left mine in, unless it's a full blown race car, there's no real reason to take it out. I liked my AC and PS though. Gotta love AC and PS compatible turbo manifolds!

bmx4life54321

saving neglected honda
5+ Year Member
did a swap and took all that crap out now working on a wire tuck cruise control is dumb i converted the cc button into an immobilizer and it cleaned up my engine bay very nicely, you dont need power steering these cars are light as hell anyways and i can get by without ac since i live in minnesota

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
AC is the only thing I would have kept, PS and CC I don't use. And yeah, its all about personal preference. I get pretty damn sweaty lol. I'll drive around in a tank top so that gets sweaty, then throw on my shirt at my destination lmao.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
x2 when i lived in chico i passed up another truck much cheaper than mine because it didnt have a/c .... i go to fresno twice a summer at least these days.