wider fenders ???

mlody

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I do not have a link, but not that long ago I ran into a thread on audiworld.com forum about widening fenders on A4. Has anyone done that on Civic? I have lowered my ride and unfortunately when I had bought my 16” wheel/tires did not think much about offset. Now the offset on my wheels create a problem and I had to do something ASAP. Selling wheels and tires is not worth (gonna lose too much $), going back to stock suspension (if I can sell Pro-Kit quickly and without loosing much) is an option, but I think I am spoiled already. I just wonder now, how much is to widen the fenders, if it is possible to do without too much $? Anyone?

Thanks

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would just get some fiberglass Z3 fenders lay some more fiberglass over the gills, and keep building up the fender so you have a neic wide fender, then start to trim the inside with a sander, and you can keep the stockish fender look and not have to have it all square like the widebody kits. my 5cents

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
instead of replacing the fenders, you should roll the fenders..... it's a very complicated and intricate process that involves taking a baseball bat and gently prying the fender outward by pushing against the wheel.......... yes, this is an actual process that many people do to their civics when they switch to 18" wheels. ask around at a tuner shop if you're not comfortable with doing it yourself.... they should know about it.

BlackDX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why don't you just buy some fender flares from somewhere like www.teamprototype.com and just fiberglass them onto your car and then cut out the excess part behind the flare out.

Teamprototype have decent looking flares for civics and IMO they look better then the feels (not big and bulky like the feelz)

Also with www.extremedimensions.com I bought a full Black Widow kit (ED Type Syder) from them because it was cheaper then what NOPI had it for. And I ending up junking the front cause it was too much work for what it was worth. But the back and sides took a good deal of fiberglass'n, sanding and so on to get them straight. Becarefull with that place, i just may have gotten a bad deal but you know what I am saying.

mlody

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for info and help

I removed the spings and only left kyb shocks on my car. I figured that I put too many miles on my car to go through the hassle

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
removed the springs.... why god why??????

i dont know if that was the smartest idea .... but oh well ... ???

mlody

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it is Chicago - the home of potholes and surprises on the road. I figured it would be less stressful for me to drive around without worrying about my car every time I drive it.

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Team 4R
instead of replacing the fenders, you should roll the fenders..... it's a very complicated and intricate process that involves taking a baseball bat and gently prying the fender outward by pushing against the wheel.......... yes, this is an actual process that many people do to their civics when they switch to 18" wheels. ask around at a tuner shop if you're not comfortable with doing it yourself.... they should know about it.
:crazy: That is crazy ghetto.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by sik_civic
u can get feelz kit on www.extremedimesions.com or black widow at ur nearest BW dealer
extreme dimensions is the worst site ever, maybe they good to look at parts but they are a rip off

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That sucks I was gonna get a lip there. Unless I can find a carbon fiber lip.:thumbs up

ersatz0906

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you widen the front fender just change the fender right? but how about the the rear? how can you widen it?