window issue: 2008 Civic

Destineé

I have a similar problem. My front passenger side window will go down but will not come back up...

Destineé

I do not believe that it is the fuse because the window will go down, it just will not come back up.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Have you tested both the driver side and passenger side switches? If one of them works, but not the other, the issue may lie with the switch or switch wiring. If neither work, the window regulator could be weak or failing.

Destineé

Both switches work. Its just the window will go down but will not come back up. When i first got the car it would hesitate to go back up. I would have to press it down then back up.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Destineé

Honestly i do not know. when it finally wouldn't go back up i unplugged it so i or anybody else wouldnt accidentally let it down. Then to get it back up i had to remove the motor and push it up. Then put the motor back in

Destineé

Lol ya i will be getting somebody to look at it. Because everything u said was like speaking another language lol but i do thank you for all your advice

Destineé

Sooo i went to get my window looked at and when they hooked it up to check the switch, the window worked up and down... Then later that day i tried to get it to go down. It wouldnt. I tried it today it went down and back up then i tried it again it wont work. When i press the switch i hear nothing...

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Destineé

I didnt pay anything i went to get the window switch checked and before they checked it as soon as they reconnected the window it worked

Destineé

So my window has been working lately and when it doesnt i have to hit my door on the inside and it will start working again any thoughts?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So my window has been working lately and when it doesnt i have to hit my door on the inside and it will start working again any thoughts?

Common sense would lead me to think a loose connection somewhere?

96Coupee

check the fuse under dash. if it completely stopped working might have burned out. each door individually has a fuse. if it was a switch. it would still roll up using the master switch.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk