window off track? help!!

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my passenger side window goes up and down SUPER slow, sometimes i need to assist it by pushing or pulling the window up along with it, also i notice it doesnt go down completely (i can see the very top of it in the rubber seal, doenst go down as far as the driver side one). Also the passenger side control can roll a window down (if you press really hard), but cant roll it up (just won't work). So is my window off track, or is my window motor dieing and im gonna need to drop tons of money into it? Also for the passenger side control, do i just need to pick a new one up from a junkyard? or is it something else? help asap!

Ag00Civic

5+ Year Member
take your door panel off (NOTE it is a pain in the ass to put back on) and inspect the donw on it's tracks. there are two bolts towards the bottom corners of each side of the door where the window track holds the window in place. thats how you can check if it is off track but it sounds like you mifght have a motor going out and I haven't fixed one yet so i dunno what to tell ya.

StreetEuro99

Dont make me reload!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is a sad thing, the 96-00 Civic's, specially the coupes are notorious for the windows popping out of the track. The problem is that over time, without being lubricated properly, the rubber track that the window rides down on closest to the fender side of the door tends to buckle basically. This allows the window to start creeping out of the track.

You will notice the it when the window seems to go up or down slower than normal. Now that is the tricky part as you drive your car daily and its hard to notice small changes from day to day, where as if one day it was moving at half the speed you would notice it right away but if it takes 4 years to get to that speed, your already used to it.

Back on track though, once this happes, the modling itself will no longer hold the proper shape. Doesnt matter how many times you lubricate it, its only a temp fix and might not even work then. The solution is to replace the track itself. I have had to replace both my drivers and passenger track on my 99 that has 85k miles. Dealers charge about 140 for parts and labor. Some of you might wanna attempt it yourself, me, I have big hands and working in that door panel pisses me off to no end and 140 bucks is well spent to avoid the frustration and headache for me.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
window fell off the track a few weeks ago and i did the fix. works great now.

supercivic00

5+ Year Member
my window fell off track and i put it back on but its slow as hell going up or down i think mys the motor

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my window fell off track and i put it back on but its slow as hell going up or down i think mys the motor
your motor is probably fine. Go to like autozone or walmart and buy a can of Silicone Lubricant. spray that down the tracks at every oil change and your windows will be just fine.