Window Problem

black96civic

5+ Year Member
Ok I roll up the driver side window and it gets about 1 or 2 inches from top and just starts clicking and wont go up and I have to pull it up for it to go, what causes this?

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bent track. it's a 6th gen civic problem.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does your passenger window also go up slower than the driver side? jus outta curiosity

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you probably need a new regulaor...

00civicsiboy

5+ Year Member
My passenger side window goes up a second or 2 slower then my drivers side...Is this normal?

black96civic

5+ Year Member
SCCRules said:
does your passenger window also go up slower than the driver side? jus outta curiosity
yes it does, and also when my driver side door is open the passenger wont roll down but when my driver door is closed, it will go right up and down

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
seems like the motor and actuator might be ok, it goes up pretty fast just seems to get stuck near the top. the only real way is to take off the panel and see what is happening. :what:

when mine went bad, it was really slow to go up and just stopped short of 2 inches. no popping noises

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Take out the regulator, clean it up really well and re lube it with silicone. Did that and mine worked like new for a year or two. Just gotta do it again then.

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Trey99EK said:
Take out the regulator, clean it up really well and re lube it with silicone. Did that and mine worked like new for a year or two. Just gotta do it again then.
silicone is the sheeyat!! I started with the W-D for a while there and kept having to doing it every 3 weeks. One shot of the silicone spray and haven't had to do it for 2 years...and still going after the fix.

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stolibears said:
silicone is the sheeyat!! I started with the W-D for a while there and kept having to doing it every 3 weeks. One shot of the silicone spray and haven't had to do it for 2 years...and still going after the fix.
Yeah wd-40 doesn't last. It is good for sqeaks and rust, but not long term lube.

black96civic

5+ Year Member
Trey99EK said:
How do I remove the regulator?

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need to take off the door panel. (Scews around the spreaker, handle and lock.) Once off you need to remove the plastic weather liner. Then you have to lower the window to the point that you can undo the two bolts that hold it and take the glass out. After that there are several bolts that hold the motor and regulator to the door skin.

I wish I could be more specific but last time I did it was last year.

black96civic

5+ Year Member
Ok, I think I understand..I guess tommorow is the day to try all this, I'll keep everyone updated on how it goes, thanks again!

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It just take some time to get it out. Kinda big for the size of the hole in the door. Hardest part is getting the window lined up perfectly when you put it back in so you don't hear air when going down the highway. Also if you never did it before... when putting the door panel back on the window needs to be down and you tip the panel up so that you put the front on first, or it is a b***h to get on. You also have to tip the glass to get it in and out.

black96civic

5+ Year Member
Check this out..lol it has to do with the regulator..I have to replace the whole motor and regulator..

black96civic

5+ Year Member
Couldn't tell ya, but silicone didnt help, lol it makes it harder for it to stay up, now when I pull it up, close my door it just falls right back down lol

Arcane Hayter

I'll sleep when I'm dead.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is there any way to flip that gear around so that the bad teeth would be in play when the window is at its bottom position? I'm asking because I've got the same problem with my car - both windows.