Window Tint

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
whats the darkest tint i can get on my front windows without getting pulled over for a fix it ticket? i live in so cal. Thanks

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know a cop, and he says any front tint is illegal, he showed me the law. so i just took off my front after getting my fix it.

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
"If a cop likes you its all good, if not, you get screwed"

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya, california law does not allow for any tint on the front windows

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah thats what i thought. but then i see all the new bmw, lexus, and mercedes and they all have tints on the front windows. but its a lighter tint than the ones on the back windows. so i dont know

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its because your car didnt come with tinted windows. You can only legally have tinted front windows in cali if it comes stock with the car.

midnightcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here in Florida, sides can be 10%
Back can be up to 40% (I think)
If you choose to go darker (like I did) and get pulled over, here's the trick:
Turn on all inside lights and roll down both windows. Tried and true method.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
true true, but why tint your windows if they are gonna be down all the time? :o

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "92CivicVX"

Its because your car didnt come with tinted windows. You can only legally have tinted front windows in cali if it comes stock with the car.
thats not true. my sis's bf had to tint his windows. and he still never gets pulled over. he has a lexus IS

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont know just check the cali laws and see, im pretty sure that if it comes stock its legal. Car companies wouldnt put tint on your windows if it was illegal

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "92CivicVX"

I dont know just check the cali laws and see, im pretty sure that if it comes stock its legal. Car companies wouldnt put tint on your windows if it was illegal
no, even if the tint comes from the dealer, it isn't legal...... some dealers will add tint to the cars to increase their appeal, but those are not factory options. you cannot have your front windows tinted in california unless you have a medical condition.....

Remy13

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Re: Re: Window Tint

Originally posted by 92CivicVX
Thats what i have heard as well. I have my front windows tinted but i also keep the original factory opptions sheet in the car which states that it came with tint from the factory. I plan on getting it retinted soon but plan on going no darker than what it came with. I have yet to be stopped for having them tinted

*EDIT*

95-97 somewhere around that time frame i think is when they passed the no tint law, so anything after what ever year it was wont have factory tint and will be illegal to have on front windows

could be wrong tho

sublimewls

What's Up Denny Neagle?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think it was 96, but there is a little emblem on the window that shows if it has a "legal" tint... normally it acually isn't a tint film but more of a smoked glass. When i got pulled over he said anything shoulder back is ok (i have 5% in the back windows) but everything in front has to be 70% which is pretty much no tint at all.

Remy13

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, Thats about right, the tint on my windows is actual tint but just enough to give it some color. I see no need to go any darker anyway. makes it a pain in the azz to see out them at night.

Think i needs glasses. going blind quick, cant see going to work anymore

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
check with the authorities. u can go ask the police. i did that.

or check this site

www.iwfa.com

international window film association

N1EX

Red_Robin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The law in my state is 50% in front and 35% in back. A cop pulled out a lil tint-o-meter on me one time.

wishitwasSI

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by N1EX
The law in my state is 50% in front and 35% in back. A cop pulled out a lil tint-o-meter on me one time.
w0h i gotta get a tent-o-meter, im kinna curious as to what that is

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:werd: they pullled one out on my mom, and she was well a little below *cough*5%*cough* and she got a ticker for like 165 dollars

wishitwasSI

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol damn, i know a guy that has 15+5% (dont know what that equates to but its pretty friggin dark) on his sides, 35% covering his windsheild and 15% on his back (its a truck) and he still hasnt gotten pulled over, i find it quite amazing