Windshield Washer Squirter Problem

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So yesterday I was driving and my windshield washer squirters wont stop squirting. Not like they are full blast but its like they just kinda sputter when you're driving and they squirt like the bottom 4 inches of the windshield. It's really annoying and I'm not sure what it could be, has anyone experienced this?

MTP8904

5+ Year Member
Yeah, check the hoses from the washer fluid reservoir to the nozzles. Sometimes it comes loose or the hoses crack. I have a bunch of hose from Honda because i had a hole in one of my hoses if you need some.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll check tomorrow but I don't see how that would make the fluid squirt the windshield

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
only thing i can think of is something wrong with the switch. but that would take alot of diagnosis

MTP8904

5+ Year Member
I'll check tomorrow but I don't see how that would make the fluid squirt the windshield
I read it kinda fast and I thought you said it was just sputtering when you were using the windsheild washer, I didn't know it was just randomly coming on when you were driving, my bad. Like he said^^, the switch could be stuck or something.

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It seems like it could only be the switch. I've never taken the switch gear off of this car so I don't know how to do it, but if you can get a can of Quick Dry electronic cleaner from your local parts store, stick the straw on the nozzle and shove it up into where the electrical connection of the switch is. Also spray the moving parts. Keep a towel on the floor of the car to catch the crap as it drips out.
It might work and save you a couple bucks.
If it doesn't work, UNPLUG the switch and drive around and see if it does the same thing. That would prove or disprove the switch.
I do NOT know if there is a relay on the system.
B