Won't start -not battery

dasi

My 2003 civic si won't start. It would crank but it would not turn over. I had it towed to an auto repair shop and they can't find out what's wrong with it. About a month ago, the remote stopped working, I could not use the remote to lock/unlock my car, so I just manually lockd it using the key. Do you think the problem has something to do w/ the failing remote or maybe some electrical security problem that's causing it not to start... I don't know... Any feedback will help. Espclly if u had similar problem.

RonJ

Banned
Quickly get your car towed to a competent shop if you are unable to do basic diagnostic tests (spark, fuel, mechanical timing, compression, CEL codes).

You want to avoid paying knuckleheads to play with your car aimlessly.

Attachments

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had it towed to an auto repair shop and they can't find out what's wrong with it
:shock:

I don't know that I would ever go to the shop again, that can't figure out what's wrong with a car that doesn't start.

Are you able to do any troubleshooting yourself?

dasi

No tools

Unfortunately, I'm out of state & all my tools are back home... so I can't do any major troubleshooting work.

RonJ

Banned
Call a tow truck and get your car out of that shop.

I posted a diagram that tells you how to determine whether the immobilizer may be the problem.