World's Fastest R18!!

420Coupe

5+ Year Member
And we're just starting! we had a successful start to testing on the ‪‎VitTuned‬ Honda Civic R18 running our custom VitTuned MoTec‬ ‪M150‬ firmware package. The fuel system couldn't keep up and I had to cut the testing short, but everything went very smooth otherwise -- made 410hp & 330tq on 22psi of boost using an old PTE 5757 turbocharger (with a 2.5" downpipe at that).

The MoTeC firmware package we've developed brings a lot to what has been an otherwise neglected platform -- anti lag, closed loop boost control, boost by gear, closed loop lambda control w/ an LSU 4.9 wideband sensor (accurate even for full time closed loop in boost!), launch control, traction control, flat foot shift, rolling antilag... the list of features just goes on! We'll be demoing some of the features after we get the fuel system upgraded to handle big power on this platform.

When an R18 sounds more savage than your K series.

World's Fastest Honda Civic R18!!
IG | 420Coupe

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
That's kinda cool. What's the whole setup?

How much is the M150?

420Coupe

5+ Year Member
Deeeeeeeep pockets setup.

The MoTeC is upwards of $5k

IG | 420Coupe

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Neato. But at what point is it more cost effective to just swap a K or something else?

Not doggin ya. I think doing new things is badass and it looks like this is just the start, but is it better than the alternative?

Either way, badass little car you have there.

420Coupe

5+ Year Member
Why do the same cookie cutter build as everyone else.

For that reason f**k a K series and get a V8 S63. Which is actually my next build after I finish my 2JZ 77 Datsun.

I do it because I can and why not be unique instead of same build as everyone else.

IG | 420Coupe

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks good man! I like it. :thumbs up

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why do the same cookie cutter build as everyone else.

For that reason f**k a K series and get a V8 S63. Which is actually my next build after I finish my 2JZ 77 Datsun.

I do it because I can and why not be unique instead of same build as everyone else.

IG | 420Coupe
Im right there with u about not doing cookie cutter builds...

420Coupe

5+ Year Member
Wait till I break into the 8s with the singlejingle no one thought could.

IG | 420Coupe

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
8 seconds that's a pretty big claim for a fwd honda, the fastest fwd hondas are like low 9 seconds right (idk I forget it might have been high 8)? I know I have seen an 8 second em2 but it was converted to rwd.

420Coupe

5+ Year Member
There's plenty of 8 sec Hondas idk where you've been living for the past 5 years.

Go look at current record times for SFWD all 8 sec cars.

Worlds fastest fwd Honda is hitting into the 7s and this was as of 2 years go

IG | 420Coupe