would it be the wastegate or the bov?!??!

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im putting on a turbo kit and was wonder'n why the bov is not making ani noise..would it be because the internal wastegate is not work'n right? im not shure i connected the wastegate hose is going to the right place..is it suppose to be vacuum?..im jsut not really shure where to hook up the hose thats coming out of the internal wastegate..cuz i got my bov connected with the nipple coming out of the back of the TYPE S bov..thanks for ani help

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
typically, if you dont hear your BOV, your not boosting. So you probably have a vaccum leak. So check for leaks, everywhere.

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well like he said.. your either runnin a leak or even you just have the bov at a hard setting.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
would that also be a reason(leaks) why my boost wont go pass 0?

vspec sir

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2slo4u said:
im putting on a turbo kit and was wonder'n why the bov is not making ani noise..would it be because the internal wastegate is not work'n right? im not shure i connected the wastegate hose is going to the right place..is it suppose to be vacuum?..im jsut not really shure where to hook up the hose thats coming out of the internal wastegate..cuz i got my bov connected with the nipple coming out of the back of the TYPE S bov..thanks for ani help
and yes, your wastegate hose connects to vacuum. I'm not sure if I read this correctly, but did you have your BOV nipple connected to the wastegate? who what why when

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First off is there a load on the motor? Its not going to blow off with just reving up

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your boost gauge isnt reading past 0, then your most likely not boosting at all, in which cause you most likely have a vaccum leak like I said in the first place.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
on the bov i read that there are two nipples..like me =).jk..but yea two nipples that reads atmosphere and one to the vacuum..my boost gauge wont go pass 0 but i can hear it spool up and i can hear the bov and everithing..so iunno..maybe i'll push it harder and actuallie go pass 4k rpm..

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
im sure u'll be able to go past 4k lol....is it tuned? just try revin to 6k and see how it does...

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good luck with that :roll:

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
honestly u shouldnt have put the turbo on until u have a new fuel management...good luck though...dont blow ur motor.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ehhh kinda....its like a half way fuel management lol.......just try revving slowly and keep going up until u see if thats the prob....maybe ur just not revving high enough? the turbo shouldnt start spoolin until around 3k....

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i can hear the turbo spool at around 2.5 area..imma take it out for another drive after i check the hoses again..man i hope i get this whole thing working good soon..
*cross fingers*

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is the bov set to atmosphere or vaccum? If its set to vaccum, you wont hear anything. But, then your boost gauge should be reading something.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i had my bov set wrong..my cousin just notified me of that..thanks...

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
experiencing more problems now..now my exhaust manifold is leaking exhaust air..the manifold/adapter plate wont connect to the turbo all the way and allows are to seep through..ani ideas?