would like to get 50 state legal turbo...

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey guy/girls

I very interest of getting an turbo kit for my d16y7, dx, but i don't know what else out there 50 state legal beside Edelbrock... What other options is out there? Also, do i need anything or do anything else for the turbo kit? Can i just bolt on and drive it or do i have to tune it?

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you will need to tune it or u will blow ur engine, and if ur gonna boost a single cam id do a mini me swap to a y8 head and do basic internals to ensure the longevity of ur investment. Valves valve springs, injectors, rods/pistons ect. U dont have to break the bank but these will help ensure that engine is ready for a turbo and last long with a proper tune and id run no more then 14 pounds imo.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Just a small question but you have been a member on here for going on 6 years and your asking this question

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
Just a small question but you have been a member on here for going on 6 years and your asking this question
technical knowledge does not increase with post count

with all the failage and BS comments on here its no surprise some people end up worse off then before

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
-civicfan111, wow... I though it's just drop and drive... like in intake, guess i was really wrong. Sounds too complicated and I don't want to do add anything else to the car. Maybe i should add intake manifold, intake, headers and exhaust to save all the money and hassles. hahahaha :lol:
-failsafe88, what about it?

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
civic fan is making it sound more complicated than it is. On a small amount of boost and a great tune it will last a long time, as long as your engine is in good shape to begin with

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ if u run like 7 pounds ur fine with a good tune, i was saying if u want to really get more power and run say 12-14 pounds thats what u would need, and its not THAT hard to do all that stuff, most of it u can ddo urself over a weekend or 2, just have to look into some DIYs and get a few tools. really not that bad. =)

BTW i got 20, no 22 kookaroos lol

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
-Faithhasme, I see.
-civicfan111 I'm aiming for a low boost, i don't need to be very fast, just a little punch to get me going up hill. I wouldn't mind going around 6 pound under, as you refer to tuning, you meant by adjusting boost amount?

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
You will need to take your car after boosting it to a tuner shop and they will adjust your boost air/fuel and whatever else is needed to have it running correctly so you don't kill your motor you should have a basemap possibly. That's not going to be safest thing to ride on for to long

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Failsafe, I'm sorry I gotten lost when you mention not to be safe to ride on for too long...? What do you mean by that?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
OP, Keep researching. Keep reading reading, and then do some more reading. You have a long ways to go.

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
-failsafe88, ah i see.
-darkcreep, keep researching, reading, reading... that's kind of broad.. where to start reading?