Wow I got screwed...

blknpurple

SO tested the wires today, A14 has power and A12 does not. So I'll swap A14 to A12 once I get a manual intake mani per the guide above. Now to do the Knock Sensor....

blknpurple

Little bit of an update, finally got a IM for a super good price, then waiting for the time to get it done. From what I understand from the readings, I can keep the TB from the y8 as well as the rotor? People swap the y8 rotor into the y7 TB because they are running Y8 auto manifold, which has the 3 wire IACV. . Also, I get contradiction info from reading, some say to keep the y8 fuel rail/injectors, others say to use y7 rail/injectors because the y8 runs rich. I'll be running a P2P ECU, with y7 harness, so I figure I should keep the y7 rail/injectors?

Here's the pic of the IM on its way to me

lowandslowek

from my experience with used cars..... if its not one thing its another.... fight your way through the battle and you will come out on top... it seems your making some progress. if you give up on it your gonna be kicking yourself in the butt for ever :???:

Civic Virtue

You won the auction? Nice...

As for your questions I have no idea...haha

blknpurple

from my experience with used cars..... if its not one thing its another.... fight your way through the battle and you will come out on top... it seems your making some progress. if you give up on it your gonna be kicking yourself in the butt for ever :???:
Haha thanks. Anyone can verify/answer my questions??

Chrisfrom1986

P2P ecu, Y8 injectors. As long as your running the right IACV leave everything alone and see how it runs. Does your Y7 harness have the right IACV wiring?

blknpurple

No, I need to convert the IACV into the a 2-wire one, per the instructions above. So looks like everything from the Y8 manual IM I bought is gonna go into the car. Imma clean the IACV when I get it, waiting to get some replies on the Knock sensor then I'm gonna install that as the IM is off the head. So I have an idea, so instead of running a wire for the KS all the way back to the ECU, I figure I can use the orange wire from the IACV!! Since it's no longer needed, I'll extend it to reach the KS, then relocated it to D6 at the ECU harness plug??? What do you guys think!?

Chrisfrom1986

Sounds like a great idea to keep everything looking stock. Just makes sure there is no breaks in the wire. Unpin from the ecu harness and run power through it and test on the other side.

blknpurple

UPDATE: Came home to some boxes of goodies, they're the hatch shocks and AEM CAI. I know the CAI wont give much, if any, hp gains, but it has a CARB sticker, which helps when it comes smogging season in CA...

The new hatch shocks weren't the perfect fit, but they fit ok, they older ones were ball and socket type. These are just swivel type, so less movement hence the brackets were bent a little, no biggie, beats wrestling with the hatch and using vicegrips to hold it up....

So I ordered an AEM CAI for a 96-00 Honda Civic EX (figured since I have the manifold from one). Turns out it COULDNT fit, there was no hold on the fender for the resonator!! The metal there seems soft, so I decided to cut one, I had no power tool, so I started with my Leatherman (love that thing)

The saw on the Leatherman would've taken forever and cause my arms to fall off, so I improvised with a flat head screw driver and a 3/4" drive wratchet (no...I dont have a hammer...) Worked surprisingly well, I gotta admit

Here's the Spectre and AEM filters side by side:

I hate the chrome finish of the intake, it gets scratched and hazy so easily...Under the car:

Before:

After: (thumbs up z6 dizzy)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the yellow/black wire ground???? Time to redo my last VTEC wiring...FML...

Corrected

blknpurple

Man...everyone's losing interest in this thread....cant say I blame you....Here's some updates, finally got the IM today. Turned out "needs a little cleaning" means it's been at the bottom of the ocean. The IM looks like it went through Hurricane Katrina, full of sand. In the runners, everywhere...Some pics:

Man...is there no honest people out there....?

So I'm disassembling the IM tomorrow and find a pressure washer, maybe at a local self-service car wash....

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i didnt really read anything but the last post. and i will say i recommend brake cleaner or carb cleaner and some rags/pipe cleaners

blknpurple

I checked ff-squad website for wiring diagram for OBD1, OBD2a, and OBD2b, looks like blue/black goes to the ECU and yellow/black is ground. Can anyone confirm this?

blknpurple

So after much scrubbing and spraying and crying and cursing life, here's the result...Not exactly a-bath-in-the-parts-cleaner status, but it'll do. Glad I have access to a shop vac and air chuck.

Inside the mani

Inside one of the runners, this Droid Rezound takes pretty badass pics

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I gotta say it's admirable that you're taking the time to restore this. A lot of people would just say f**k it and cut their losses. But I'm sure she'll be a gem when you're done with her. She's come a long way as it is. Keep up the good work!

Civic Virtue

Damn if I was the seller I definitely would have cleaned up the manifold before selling it haha.

I believe your VTEC wiring is correct, I'll have to reference mine to justify though. I didn't realize the intake hole in the bay was so soft, maybe I'll cut mine out too and direct air flow to the fllter from outside?

blknpurple

Damn if I was the seller I definitely would have cleaned up the manifold before selling it haha.

I believe your VTEC wiring is correct, I'll have to reference mine to justify though. I didn't realize the intake hole in the bay was so soft, maybe I'll cut mine out too and direct air flow to the fllter from outside?
I think in the EX models, the hole is precut for the intake resonator. As you can see, there was an imprint already there from the manufacture. I WAS gonna say f**k it and send the intake back for a short ram. But I'd already taken the wheel and fender liner off....And I figured if it was cut for the EX models, the metal there can't be that thick. Guess I was right, woot!

I gotta say it's admirable that you're taking the time to restore this. A lot of people would just say f*** it and cut their losses. But I'm sure she'll be a gem when you're done with her. She's come a long way as it is. Keep up the good work!
Thanks. By no means I'm gonna turn this into a show car or turbo or dump mad money into it to get it to the "flush/clean/fresh/jdm" status...This is strictly a daily/reliable/beater car, but it bugs me when something doesn't work the way it supposed to work. Just watch my luck, the previous owner prolly didn't remove the oil jet, then after all this work, i STILL wont have VTEC

looks a lot better than it did... which doesn't take much.... how the hell can u get that much sand in there
That sand was sticky due to oil residue in the mani, the air chuck couldn't get rid of the sand. I dumped 2 bottles of brake cleaner in there. It's weird, it seems like sand that's from the beach too...maybe it was from a Katrina car?