wrecked.... broke mount point on block. need advice

Dtack

So here's the deal my girl had a wreck a while back and it just destroyed the front end of her civic. Here's a pic with body panels and hood removed.

The radiator support

And this is my main problem, this is why I posted in engine the rest I can replace but this I just don't know.

She managed to break the actual block where the engine mount attaches. The block isn't cracked and I would prefer to repair this if its possible.

I have another engine but don't really have the means for an engine swap plus don't feel like putting an engine I know nothing about in this car.

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wouldn't want my girlfriend to drive with that kind of repair. I don't think its even possible to repair that

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wouldn't want my girlfriend to drive with that kind of repair. I don't think its even possible to repair that
its possible, it needs a core support and a couple of rails. but it does need alot of attention. id just junk it

emerican

Registered VIP
I dont think it would be worth fixing it IMO.

Cobl18

Registered VIP
That's a lot of work man, I would junk it. There's probably some stuff you don't know about either that's broke, like maybe a bent frame or something along those lines. It could be fixed but it will be a lot of time and money and it will probably never be the same.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Is there frame damage? Or is the radiator support just bent in? If there is no frame damage, it's going to be much less work and might actually be worth fixing if you can do it yourself. And honestly, I would replace the block.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well consider this... How much are used Civic's in good shape? A couple thousand, if that?

If you need the car, it's probably better to just buy another one. Fix that one on the side and sell it off.